No announcement yet.

SS Chairs from KL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool down, man - nobody forces you to believe in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
      Cool down, man - nobody forces you to believe in them.
      ThanksI started to sweat! Now I feel more relaxed

But what if they are not originals and fakes, and you are just believing what you see because you feel it is original? Where is the prof?

How do you guys argue with the sceptics in order to make them believe? Collecting SS is not a religion for believers, its about hard facts and what can be proven.

So far NOTHING has come forward in favour. Zero.....

There are even old chairs in Sweden that looks like that. So if I brand them SS they are originals? No, I dont think so. As you stated earlier you got irritatetd on members not taking this seriously, and now you are guilty of the same. Where does that leave you?

No offence, but prof is needed.

Cheers
      //Felix

Comment

Oh boy,, and I just finished shooting a document movie in Auschwitz,,why didn't I take a look at the chairs...

Comment

Sounds like a lot of you guys like these chairs and believe they are original. But how many of you would pay the market price for them if they where a KZ used item? SS items from any KZ would sell for top dollar if you could prove they where what you say they are. Now would you guys feel strongly enough about them to pay that kind of money? I don't think I could even with everything looking good and the mark being proven as a good one. So if you want to put me in that scepic group that's fine. But I couldn't spend big buck on these chairs just to easy to fake and sell for big bucks.

Comment

speculation

someone mentioned the word "speculation." Unless you have concrete proof, speculation is all anyone - from any viewpoint or opinion - can offer at this time.

To pretend otherwise is foolish. Even with the evidence presented, you are still making leaps in connecting the dots - all "speculative" to me anyhow. So, what I read is, my opinion is wrong and speculation but yours is correct???

not trying to offend anyone so don't take this too seriously:

I find it humourous that the same people touting these as genuine prob. would not put their money where their mouth is should they come across these on a dealer site.

Too much risk in my opinion and they are not that attractive either!

I'd much rather have a chair from Wewelsburg if one could be found than one of these!

Comment

I personally would not buy them unless there are photos showing this type of chair in photos from the Period by SS personnel in the camp etc. They may be real but this type of brand marking is not difficult to duplicate and is used today as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                I personally would not buy them unless there are photos showing this type of chair in photos from the Period by SS personnel in the camp etc. They may be real but this type of brand marking is not difficult to duplicate and is used today as well.
                are you saying that those chairs dont have a leg to stand on

they could go quite nicely with that SS rubbish bin that was on here recently

Comment

sell them to the museum of tolerance or some sort of place evilgrin:....

Comment

I think these chairs would look great displayed with the famous SS Lab Coat.

Comment

Originally posted by mametz View Post
                      I thought the Waffen SS was the fighting arm of the SS, what would these
                      chairs be doing in Auschwitz
                      Mametz

the KZs and their persoanl belonged organisational to the Waffen SS. Very bad for the fighting soldier after the war.

Comment

Chairs

I would not buy them as I do not like their style and I do not need any chairs.

Shipping would also be expensive.

I could use a French Bistro table with corresponding metal chairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          I could use a French Bistro table with corresponding metal chairs.
                          I'll see what I can do

Ian (south of Tours in the Chinon region)

Comment

I haven't been on the WAF in a long time, but I ran across this post on the SS chairs.

I visited the museum at Mittelbau-Dora in July '11, and they had a Waffen SS wall locker on display. If I remember correctly, the wall locker had identical or very simlar Waffen SS markings on it as the chairs have. In theory, it was from the camp.

Unforunately, I didn't get any photos of it...I'm not for sure you could take photos in the museum. There is a photo of the wall locker in the exhibition booklet, but it's not taken close enough to see any markings.

IMO, I think the chairs are probably good based on the typical markings that I've seen on other German mililtary furniture.

Ben

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X