Break it to me gently......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break it to me gently......

I love it but Ive been wrong before, Let me down easy boys........
    Attached Files

The diary looks okay ....
    But I am not really keen on the skull.
    The quality and detail isn't there
    Regards
    David

Comment

I agree, it looks cast. Can you post better pics though?

Comment

The skulls can be bought from eastern europe for $20.00, i know, ive bought a couple myself for display, the pins are brazed on

Comment

It looks like the verdict is .....
          The skull is pants
          Regards
          David

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
            I agree, it looks cast. Can you post better pics though?
            surely later tonight, it is really good quality & I can see no pit marks....

Comment

Hi,

the "Soldatenfreund" is from which year ? 1944 ?
              Do you have the full color map at the end of the book ?

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
                The skulls can be bought from eastern europe for $20.00, i know, ive bought a couple myself for display, the pins are brazed on
                TH:

Can you PM me an address where I can find these? IMO they are the best repros out there. The pins are soldered on similar to the original unmarked assmanns, except they have the deschler pin style. regards, Richard

ps: closest thing Ive seen to mine being offered for sale:

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...s/S028964.html

Though hard to see from my crappy pics, this is the skull I posted to to the T.

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
                  Hi,

the "Soldatenfreund" is from which year ? 1944 ?
                  Do you have the full color map at the end of the book ?

See You

Vince
                  I Vince, you are correect! binding is a bit loose but 100% there
                  Attached Files

Comment

Please post better pics of that skull, the obverse looks cast as it seems to lack detail and seems to have some pitting. What I like about the reverse is that it seems to have a thin and even edge. But I am by no means a "skull-expert".

Cheers

Comment

Robin Lumsden is THE skull expert in my book.

Comment

RD, i am no skull expert

Wouldn't it be simpler to just post some very good pictures of it, i am sure the true experts would be able to make a very quick concise assessment of it??
                        If it were my skull, that would be the first thing I would have done

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
                          RD, i am no skull expert

Wouldn't it be simpler to just post some very good pictures of it, i am sure the true experts would be able to make a very quick concise assessment of it??
                          If it were my skull, that would be the first thing I would have done
                          Sorry TH I want the address so I can purchase more! I think they look great & at $20 the make a great stocking stuffer!

Comment

It is the same repro skull as discussed here : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...Unmarked+Skull

Note that it is NOT an " unmarked skull " as shown in the link to Collectors Guild , and posts 3 & 6 in link above ( 2 originals of this socalled type by an unknown maker ) , but a Deschler reproduction that happens to be unmarked .
                            Two entirely different things - hope this helps ..
                            Last edited by Winkelman; 08-08-2012, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Im not saying its no repro, but it is definately NOT the 1st one posted. I have a HORRIBLE digi cam but can get good detailed shots in daylight. If a repro, Id like to know where I can them to order a few more. It looks better than my aluminum m1/52 lol
                              Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
                              It is the same repro skull as discussed here : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...Unmarked+Skull

Note that it is NOT an " unmarked skull " as shown in the link to Collectors Guild , and posts 3 & 6 in link above ( 2 originals of this socalled type by an unknown maker ) , but a Deschler reproduction that happens to be unmarked .
                              Two entirely different things - hope this helps ..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X