No announcement yet.

m43 Waffen SS tunic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless of what the seller tells you it is post War junk, I would not buy this with a COA from Jesus. It is no more than 20 years old.

Comment

From Latvia with love !

Not in the ballpark.

Mike

Comment

I have seen in hand an M44 tunic made from this material also, its out there so be sure to memorize it!

Kevin

Comment

Dont they all.........that is, except for that annoying wood-chopper guy, he was just an idiot.

Originally posted by ValhallaMilitaria View Post
          seller claims he inherited these items from his grandfather...he seemed pretty honest and not a scammer...

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
            Dont they all.........that is, except for that annoying wood-chopper guy, he was just an idiot.
            I hate to say it....but I am really getting worn out and drained by all the BS that goes along with this hobby...way too many people pretending to be the vets family and offering garbage...I am actually surprised now when an item is good...

Comment

Thanks Ian, what other things? I almost hate to ask....the seller claims he inherited these items from his grandfather...he seemed pretty honest and not a scammer...I guess I bought into that too much. One other thing- I really do wish that I had chosen a different name...my user name suggests that I am a dealer..I am not, like many others here I buy and resell to collect other things that I do want.....and lets be honest here, this hobby is huge...no one can know everything and there is no reason to be smug or self righteous here. I come here to learn, I try to comment on items that I do know something about. I appreciate everyone else who took the time to comment with out resorting to a snide remark.
              Eric
              I retract this post. Ian did not mean to sound snide and was in fact not even referring to me.
              Eric

Comment

I used to leave my name in antique shops looking for military items and was inundated with people offering plain Party flags in the $10,000 range, "Nazi" poker chips and other pre-war American stuff with swastikas on it, and horrible fake garbage fresh from eBay (late 1990s eBay where this stuff was available). Not to mention the fake veteran stories... I got my first ever Heer tunic out of the woodwork from an ad. It was a fake, a postwar tunic with a horrible breast eagle. Having run this gauntlet, I have learned that as a collector looking for certain items I would rather spend more money to get an item from a dealer than troll for woodwork finds that are few and far between. I have gotten a few nice helmets from real vet families through word of mouth, though.

Comment

Too true!

Its a case of assume its all bad from the start until it can be proven otherwise.

Unfortunately some people continue to buy items based on the story that goes with it.

way too many people pretending to be the vets family and offering garbage...I am actually surprised now when an item is good...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X