No announcement yet.

SS Nederland collar tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better pictures are hopefully underway - meanwhile , here's some comparison to Dutch embroidery " Wolfsangel " on the sleeve triangles for Dutch / Germanic SS . Even these 2 differ . The Officers one is obviously of higher quality ..
    Max , thank you very much for showing your collar tab , IMHO a great likeness to " mine " .. !
    Last ( vertical ) tab shown by Oberbootsmann appears to have that same twinkly thread used as the very first one .
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
      Last ( vertical ) tab shown by Oberbootsmann appears to have that same twinkly thread used as the very first one.
      I agree on that with you. So I'll let them go both.

Thanks again.

Regards

Comment

Well , it took a bit longer than expected , but now that I have the tab in hand ( on loan ) , here are some more pictures .
        Again , please consider that this is not your standard German-made RZM manufacture - so far the one shown by Sagittario is the first one I've seen that is similar ..
        Attached Files

Comment

The Wolfsangel has a U.V.-negative Unterlage and seems properly aged ..
          Attached Files

Comment

Reverse - the silver piping is attached in a very regular & tight way , which I'd like to think is a good sign .
            Attached Files

Comment

One more of the reverse . Should anyone else own a similar tab with provenace ( or know it to be a repro ) , please let me know , thanks ..
              Attached Files

Comment

Dear All,

Here is mine.

I will try to make better pics this weekend.

IMHO original Dutch made.

Best regards,

Rene
                Attached Files

Comment

Winkelman I like it and do not see a problem with it.

Rene Chavez
                  www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Many thanks for all comments so far - here's the EM version from the same collection .
                    Not much reference to go on this one either - but it surely is not a Reisenhaft / Delta repro ..
                    Attached Files

Comment

Reverse shows holes from being pinned to a board . Again all comments welcome ..
                      Attached Files

Comment

Now let's get this one back on the road again - I now have the matching rank tab - a perfect match , thick wool , with the exact same buckram on the reverse .
                        Like on the Wolfsangel tab , relatively excess wool was used on the reverse , here folded behind a prong ( right side ) , I'm not planning on folding it back ..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Together ..
                          Attached Files

Comment

Time to look at the front of the rank tab - a different type of LITZE was used for the promotion to Hauptsturmführer .
                            Fortunately , both are period types .
                            Best part yet to come ..
                            Attached Files

Comment

There were shoulderboards - Hauptsturmführer Arzt ..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Closeup - the rank of officer was automattically acquired when appointed as ARZT .
                                And the BEST part is still to come .. !
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X