SS Cap your opinion before selling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David,
    This has happen a few time recently and makes the thread useless and of no help to other users wanting to learn,

it make you wonder why!

And as such from now on I will not comment on posted items by users who do this

Comment

Yes, it is quite annoying. The problem with posting pictures on the internet is they often appear agin and again. So without further ado.......

Jerry
      Last edited by ReichsHeini; 08-19-2004, 08:53 AM.

Comment

number 2

Comment

number 3

Comment

number 4
            Last edited by ReichsHeini; 08-19-2004, 08:52 AM.

Comment

number 5

Comment

number 6

Comment

final picture.. thanks for sharing it with us!
                  Last edited by ReichsHeini; 08-19-2004, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Hello Gary,
                    I collect the KM not the SS.
                    I asked an opinion for an item and you had the amability to give me an answer, but I know the source, and I have many difficulties to admit that is a copy... also I prefer to wait for the moment and ask an opinion in a shows with the cap in the hands.
                    You are THE SS forum moderator, and I accept if you do not give me an opinion in the futur, but the cap is mine and the pictures also, so, please to remove them and respect the property.
                    Many members forget this.
                    Please to excuse my poor english.
                    Regards,
                    Michel
                    Ohne Seemacht, keine Weltmacht !

Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=522068

Always interested by Kriegsmarine headgear, uniform and U-Boot related items.

Comment

Michel,

I will remove these pictures because you seem like a decent enough guy.
                      People posting their items for opinion should note that:
                      The internet is a public domain. Anything you post on here is instantly available to anybody with internet access. Once posted those pictures can be saved by anybody. In fact, anytime you visit a web site, all the content of the HTML page, including the pictures are cached to your computer hardrive. These files, which are stored in the temporary internet directory, can be viewed through Windows Explorer. If you do not empty the browser cache, you will have files in there going back as far as you have used the web browser.
                      As a former law enforcement agent and a security consultant, I can tell you this is the first place I look when examining a system.
                      I don't know if this cap is field made or post-war made but you posted it for opinions and hardly waited to hear from anyone before pulling the pictures.
                      Jerry

Comment

I see no problem in removing the pictures once the poster has got the answers he was looking for and Michel obviously did, bit time!

No point flogging a dead horse as they say..

If your picture hosting website has got a size limit which most of them have then you've got no choice to delete the old stuff to make room for the new.

Chill out guys, anybody else noticed how aggressive the tone of this site has become...no?...well **** off then!

Comment

Tone aggressive?
                          I don't know...
                          All I know is that such a forum lives from the satisfaction of its members. After scrolling down two pages dealing with an item I could not see clearly made me feel I had lost my time...
                          ( It would be more correct to write: made me extremly frustrated as I could not compare Gary's brilliant analysis with the pics)
                          Best regards
                          Gilles

Comment

Pretty tough to learn anything this way. Just like a waste of time looking at the thread. Oh wait! I did learn something, when I see any other threads by Michel I just won't go into them.

Chuck

Comment

"If your picture hosting website has got a size limit which most of them have then you've got no choice to delete the old stuff to make room for the new.

Chill out guys, anybody else noticed how aggressive the tone of this site has become...no?...well **** off then!"

Ben,
                              the pictures were uploaded to this site,

There is no aggressive tone on this forum so i do not know where you get that from.

This forum as with others is an online resource for everyone to help and learn not just the poster of the question. The old threads adds to the resource well after the initial question has been answered, others browsing through the site at later dates will view these threads, removing the pictures makes the topic useless and no help to anyone else and this forum is about sharing,

I have added hundreds if not thousands of photo's to threads to illustrate what is original or what is fake, what do you think it would be like if i removed my pictures!
                              Cheers,
                              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK
                                Chill out guys, anybody else noticed how aggressive the tone of this site has become...no?...well **** off then!
                                Gary, I was making a joke! have people lost their sense of humour as well?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X