No announcement yet.

SS Drum Hanger ..Rare ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is why it is fortunate that one has been found in a vet grouping of primarily SS and HJ / NSKK motor items. All the items were unissued, warehouse pieces.

For those that have no faith in veteran groupings, I realize that carries little weight. Having seen this group, I would suggest this is somewhat of a find in terms of sourcing, though, despite it's unconventional and slightly odd construction.

I believe it is an nice original. I don't own this one, own one like it, or plan to acquire one.

s/f Robert

Comment

Just a thought ... If you already had a perfectly good, approved supply chain of cap eagles in place and you decided to use an identical design on a different (ornamental) item like this wouldn't you have the designer just leave holes for the existing cap eagles to fit into ?

And that's without giving any 'Vet hoards' any credence.

Ian

Comment

Drum Eagle

Yes I have to agree with the previous reply from Ian.
        Why would you ?
        Look at the head for example its completely different.
        If this was posted as a visor eagle it would get slatted wouldn't it .... ?
        Kind Regards
        David

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
          Just a thought ... If you already had a perfectly good, approved supply chain of cap eagles in place and you decided to use an identical design on a different (ornamental) item like this wouldn't you have the designer just leave holes for the existing cap eagles to fit into ?

And that's without giving any 'Vet hoards' any credence.

Ian
          Maybe, but in 1938 the Germans were strong in cottage and other industries getting in on the manufacturing movement. There were lots of pre-war, minor production items that would not have seen issue later in the war.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X