photo request M40-43 tunic officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

photo request M40-43 tunic officer

Has anyone period photos that shows W-SS Officer in standard M40-43 tunics with officer collar patches?

Thanks for posting and help

Hello Robert....here you go,one of the best photos of an M42 tunic in use by an officer with a modified green collar. Notice the unpleated pockets.I believe he was from the GvB division and captured during the Normandy campaign.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank u John. Found a nice photo as well in Knights of Steel of the DR, p.95 of Dr. Rolf Diercks. Someone private has in Germany a tunic set with everything in such a style. My friend might gets it, but nothing is for sure right now.
      How many got a W-SS officer tunic directly from the vets son, rare as a hit in the Lottery. More will follow how it comes ...

Comment

Now that would be a find and you are an honest guy who I know finds the real stuff and has a stellar reputation !!...my favorite picture is this one because it shows the frontline officer. I hope you score Robert !

Comment

Unmodified tunics

Comment

John, I propably never will get this group.
            I have already photos of this group but I don't want to post them as it is my friends deal. Another photo came in yesterday night with the soldiers loose cloth insignias and medals. I can tell from my view when a tunic (w breeches) comes out from an SS officer is mostly always a box included with loose badges etc. In this case a JST title and a pair of rune tabs with some medals, ICII and ICI, 4 years, Austrian medal etc.
            The son will visit my friend in September, a 7 year hunt was it I was told.
            And for my view the trunk will be loaded, money is not a matter in this case as it looks it will be a present for honor and will never get out for sale what is the right thing.

Comment

Well that could be a good thing, having a gift like that is an honor and preserving it is a privledge that today is underated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X