Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Visor - Opinions Needed

Hey guys...

I am going to "assume" this is fake...but figured I would ask anyway.

Selling is asking around $2000. If original...is it worth it?

Thoughts?

Ugly junk.

$2 more like it.

Comment

I agree completely fake
      - Frederic

Comment

Hat

Oh no!

Comment

Plastic sweat shield... bogus RZM stamp, fake insignia and brand new chin strap are huge red flags to begin with...
          not very convincing at all...reenactor "junque" ! $2000 bucks? OMG!

Comment

I don't know about hat but insignia looks totaly like this: link

Comment

uuuh, ugly FAKE!!

Comment

...Jesus...the faker could save a lot of time!

Comment

I can't but share the statements of fellow members thus far and it stands to reason that I too would steer clear of this cap, although I must admit that I have seen worse jobs that would induce more indignant comments.
                  As it seems that Harrison987 is not familiar with this article, it may be advisable to spend a few more words, as NickG did, in order to point out just two or three faults.
                  I won't consider the chinstrap, be it original or not, for it is easy to replace.
                  You'll never find a soft, plastic, opalescent sweat shield in genuine Third Reich visor caps.
                  Equally you'll never find on the underside of the sweatband of such a cap an RZM ink stamp, which imitates the RZM paper tag found on SS cloth insignias and is totally different from the RZM tag you can find on SS visor caps.
                  Last but not least, combining the gold SS disc with the maker's name on the sweat shield is totally inconsistent.
                  Sure the cap is worth 2 grands if it is original. But it is not.
                  MP

Comment

What can i say but buy some reference books, there are a lot of good ones and furthermore, go through the threads here and you will not ask such a question again, trust me, the visor is total crap, sorry for the word

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X