GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Death Head is Dead - long live the Prongs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Death Head is Dead - long live the Prongs!

Gentlemen,

One Day during Metal Detecting I found a SS Cap Skull, unissued, wrapped in Original Paper. The Wetness of the Paper let the Zinc corroded like Hell First I thought I could save the "Dead Death Head" but later I´ve decided to save the Prongs which are from "solid Brass". It was not easy to me to destroy the Skull totally but believe me, it was fully corroded to the Bones. Please don´t kill me; the Zinc has changed into pure Oxidation Have a look at the Pics and you´ll understand

So after Cleaning the Prongs are looking Pretty and I am sure there is somebody out there who own a wonderful Skull without Prongs and would love to add 100% ORIGINAL ONES

Last Picture shows another Skull from my Ground Dug Collection with IMO the same Kind of Prongs. It´s a M1/52. IMO from that Type 2 different Kind of Prongs are existing. Anyway, I hope you like that (rare) Documentary..

Best Regards

Andy
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

The rotten skull looks to me like it was an M1/24 overhoff.

Cheers

Comment

Looks like someone tried to use cheap acid vs. being corroded.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
              Looks like someone tried to use cheap acid vs. being corroded.
              Do you think it's fake? I actually think it's the real deal. Just dead...except for the prongs.

Cheers

Comment

For Sure NOT a Fake

This Skull came within some other nice Finds on a One Week Trip to the East. First I Thought the Skull could be Stable but after one wrong Movement he was broken in 3 Parts. In Fact I own some of those in good Condition; I decided to save the Prongs only.

Here´s a Pic of my other Finds from that Week. It is a Surrendering Area of Spring ´45. All Kind of Personal Items is lying in the Earth...

Best Regards

Andy
                Attached Files

Comment

Well guys ... if you can state without doubt that something that bad is good or bad ... you are better at ESP than me.

Who knows? Who really cares at this point? Does it matter?

Comment

prongs

When i was collecting these skulls there were times when i needed original prongs and could not find them to replace missing ones from skulls . these prongs have very good value to many collectors as long as they are not broken.

Comment

Cool - Kaloderma-Créme!

Comment

Originally posted by john mack View Post
                        When i was collecting these skulls there were times when i needed original prongs and could not find them to replace missing ones from skulls . these prongs have very good value to many collectors as long as they are not broken.

That was the Reason why I did it
                        I just wanted to record the "saving of the Prongs"
                        And one Day the saved Prongs will make a fellow Collector Happy

Best Regards

Andy

Comment

Original Skull.

If you collect ground dug items it is easy to spot ground dug Zink.

Comment

i really like that flak dogtag...

Daniel.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X