Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
    It is Fake.

B. N. Singer
    Agreed!

Peter
    www.military-antiques-stockholm.com

sigpic

Comment

Thank you so far Gentlemen, and a special thank to you STUG III for making an effort to explain the differences. It would have been nice if everyone gave answers of your length and effort. As mentioned before I have never had any interest for wraps so please excuse my ignorance on this field. When it comes to 4 pocket tunics I feel more at home:-) So please if anyone would enlighten the "fake-facts" on the wrap it would be very nice. Is it a known fake on the same level as Janke, or is it made as a more "one of" since it is used old materials, buttons etc?

I have absolutely no problems accepting the wrap to be a fake, I have never had a good feeling about it. My main concern has always been that even if the materials are old, the thread has not "settled", it can especially be seen in the lining. The reason that I gave it a chance was the details paid to button holes, belt-hook attachments etc. As mentioned it came from a collector in Spain, it was a part of a lot obtain through a swap made in the early 1990ties, so no great economic loss either. Anyhow it will now end its days in the Bazar section on Estand:-)

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
        It is Fake.

B. N. Singer
        I would agree.

//Felix

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
          I would agree.

//Felix
          No doubts, I agree.
          Luca
          Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Nothing more constructive than one-liners? I think that we have concluded by now that its a fake:-) But is there nobody that have some knowledge to share?

Comment

...to be more exactly,...it's a bad copy.
              Pieter
              SUUM CUIQUE ...
              sigpic

Comment

Hilton, many folks are hesitant to point out more than just the glaring common errors as they do not want to give the fakers and fraudsters any more help than they are already getting - it's nothing personal.

Don

Comment

There are good wraps posted here on the forum, a good way to learn a little is compare this wrap to photos of known good wraps.

Kevin

Comment

Thank you for a serious answer DonC. Hopefully these "keepers of knowledge" will then accept that they get what they give when they are in need of some advise:-)

Appreciate the advise WEISNER. I have read what I found on SS wrappers here on the forum, and I have my fair share of books as well. But when it comes to garments produced in occupied territories, tailor made/non-textbook etc etc it gets really complicated and thats the reason that I hoped that someone here on the forum could enlighten me.
                    Last edited by Hilton; 06-06-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

a lot of mistake in construction, details, materials but it's a nice copy born to screw holes.

Comment

Thank you for the input viva_giulio.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X