Former HJ SS sleeve diamond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former HJ SS sleeve diamond

Just added this Dachau found sleeve diamond to my collection.

Not often seen with tag

Comments welcome

Thanks

Nick
    Attached Files

Any comments guys ? Please

Nick

Comment

I could be wrong but I can't remember dachau putting paper RZM labels on items.

Comment

HJ Raut

The raut is good. However, that is an early paper RZM tag. Does anyone know when this insignia was authorized?

Charles Betz

Comment

I don't much care for that tag .

Comment

neither do I, but the raute is good.

Comment

HJ colth items used a HJ RZM paper tag in red. Why would a HJ insignia have a SS RZM tag?

Comment

Raut

"HJ colth items used a HJ RZM paper tag in red. Why would a HJ insignia have a SS RZM tag? "

Because this is an SS insignia, not a HJ issued item. The RZM tag itself may not be applicable to this particular item.

Charles Betz

Comment

raute

More to the question " has anyone ever seen this badge in use? " or on a SS price list ?

Comment

I have a couple of these badges. The first one I acquired when my great aunt passed away. Her husband was a tail gunner on a flying fortress in WWII. He passed away in the early 1970's. When we were going through her estate we found his old foot locker with his belongings from WWII. In amoungst his diary, aerial photos of bomb strikes etc. were some pristine German patches.

There was an SS sleeve eagle, a Gendarmerie sleeve patch, a Danish volunteers patch, a Tirol ski police patch and one of these HJ diamonds. I don't know if they were for former members of the HJ in the SS, members of the 12th SS division "Hitler Jugend" or SS instructors assigned to the HJ organisation but I do know that it is an original patch. He apparantly picked them up at the end of the war when he was in Germany. All are mint.

Sorry for the long story but I just wanted to say that these black and white HJ patches were around at the end of WWII!

Richard.
                    Richard.

Deus Dat Incrementum

Comment

[QUOTE=judorichard;5278591]I have a couple of these badges. The first one I acquired when my great aunt passed away. Her husband was a tail gunner on a flying fortress in WWII. He passed away in the early 1970's. When we were going through her estate we found his old foot locker with his belongings from WWII. In amoungst his diary, aerial photos of bomb strikes etc. were some pristine German patches.

There was an SS sleeve eagle, a Gendarmerie sleeve patch, a Danish volunteers patch, a Tirol ski police patch and one of these HJ diamonds. I don't know if they were for former members of the HJ in the SS, members of the 12th SS division "Hitler Jugend" or SS instructors assigned to the HJ organisation but I do know that it is an original patch. He apparantly picked them up at the end of the war when he was in Germany. All are mint.

Sorry for the long story but I just wanted to say that these black and white HJ patches were around at the end of WWII!

Richard.[/QUOTE

Thank you for that . Still my question " what where these diamonds for"? or who where these diamonds for ?

Comment

"What were they for?"

Accoding to Angolia, this raut was for "former members of the Hitler Jugend (HJ) assigned to the SS." Ref: Angolia, Cloth Insignia of the SS, 2nd Edition, 1989, Page 431.

Charles Betz

Comment

Originally posted by C. Betz View Post
                          Accoding to Angolia, this raut was "issued to former members of the Hitler Jugend (HJ) assigned to the SS." Ref: Angolia, Cloth Insignia of the SS, 2nd Edition, 1989, Page 431.

Charles Betz
                          Charles did you has ever seen a war time shot of one in use? i have never seen.
                          but yes patch in question is real,except the tag that dont fit here

Comment

raut

Hello Arek,
                            No I haven't seen one in use either. I did see a bunch of them in a vet's Dachau haul in 1983 when I inventoried his war souveniers. None of them had RZM tags, though many of his flat wire cuff titles (Deutschland i.e.) did.

Charles

Comment

Originally posted by C. Betz View Post
                              Accoding to Angolia, this raut was for "former members of the Hitler Jugend (HJ) assigned to the SS." Ref: Angolia, Cloth Insignia of the SS, 2nd Edition, 1989, Page 431.

Charles Betz
                              Same in Bender's U.O & H of the W-SS vol 1 ... there were 6 patterns including HJ, SA, NSKK, Ordnungs Polizei and an unknown pattern for former members the Kyffhauser organisation.

Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X