SS camo cap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS camo cap question

I am new to this forum though I watched it a lot as a spectator. I am mainly involved at Germandaggers.com., but from today I joined this forum as well.

I have a question regarding a Waffen-SS camo cap I have. I never owned a real one or had a real one in my hands. So I only can take this cap in my hands and compare it with the SS Zeltbahns and smock I have. I look for the stichting, construction and fabric. At first it looked good, but after closer examination I started to doubt.
    The vent holes seem to be placed to low... perhaps I am wrong. The fabric feels reasonble well, but I really don't like to brown misprints. On my smock these lines are off white.
    Perhaps some of you could shed some light on this cap. I think it's too good to be true and when my instincts tell me something is wrong, it mostly is.

Pic 2

Comment

Pic 3

Comment

Pic 5

Comment

Pic 6

Comment

Pic 4

Comment

Pic 7

Comment

The stiching of the holes...

Comment

In my opinion its not good
                  The cloth looks to be the same as those in helmet covers, made in the 80´s.

Sorry.
                  Peter Wiking

Comment

Hi Peter,

It looks suspicious too me as well. I thank your for confirming my good instincts!

If you look my Oak Leaf helmet cover one can see the difference..

Comment

Hi Fred,

There have been some good repro oakleaf camo caps out recently that demand a hands on inspection. This cap seems to be more obvious - especially (as has been pointed out) given the material used. In any case nowdays, I wouldn't touch an oakleaf piece without an ironclad inspection and return policy.

Mike

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I have the same feelings about this cap. The more dangerous ones are the ones made from the real material.

I can return the cap... that's no problem.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X