SS M43 hat, opinions…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS M43 hat, opinions…

I have had this M43 since 1986 and sent it out to John Angolia back then, who said it looked good to him. I have recently had someone locally question it and so I would like to know what others think of it. It has no markings inside and I only have one picture right now of the whole hat, I hope the close ups of the insignia might reveal something. Both pieces are sewn on well with no threads showings behind either.

Thanks, Alan

Here is the eagle on the side,

Attached Files

The skull on the front,
    Attached Files

Comment

and the hat,
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to say this but.....The skull is a known fake. There are several copies for sale as original on Nordheide-Versande. I have never seen a Ges Gesch marked bevo skull that is original.So Angolia is not the only one to not recognize this copy. I do not care for the eagle either, but another forum member produced one in this pattern as a vet bring-back on GDC.

I also don't care for the buttons. I also don't like grommets on other ranks m-43 caps normally. Not a cap I would want in my collection
        Attached Files

Comment

Here it is on a bad sidecap..............
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is the same pattern eagle that is on your cap.
            This is on a SS m-43 for sale from a dealer/website that has been there unsold for over a year.
            Same pattern anyways. Gary can tell you if this a good eagle I am sure.
            Attached Files

Comment

Alan,

Fake TK, this has been around MANY years although there are many later copies of it.

The eagle is Original and is the type below,

cheers,

Gary
              Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys, that is interesting, a good eagle and bogus skull. I will try and take some better pictures of the hat and put them up for a closer look.

Alan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X