Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss polizei cuff

Hi guys!
    I've been offered this ss-polizei cuff, and I've just started looking into this "collectors branch" so my knowledge is not very good on this subject. But from my rookie point of view I don't like it. It seems to sloppy made compared to other examples of this type I've seen on the forum and also the lettering seems to close to the border. So I'd appreciate if someone could help me out

Regards
    Alex

agree,
    no quality in embroidery, not sure even of the band construction
    sorry
    wisches

Comment

Cuff Title

While construction of the runes is a bit different from the known variants of this SS-Polizei Division cuff title, I believe it to be good. Below are two links in reference to this particular variant:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ei+cuff+titles

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...titles&page=20 If this link can not be accessed, go to post 7 in the link above and you can access it from there.

Charles Betz
      Last edited by C. Betz; 04-19-2012, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the answer wisches and Charles!
        Charles: Do you know if there are any period photos of it in wear?Also comparing to the ones you linked to (apart from the difference of the sig runes ), "mine" has a much more compressed D, and the dots of the i:s are more randomly applied, not in a somewhat straight line as the ones you post. Is this an ok variant despite these differences?

Regards
        Alex

Comment

No other opinions or replys to the quesions?
          Regards
          Alex

Comment

I think it is an original.

Comment

I think its an aged repro. Look at the style of runes? 6 threads on the border? And a general sloppy vision. Nahhh...

//Felix

Comment

Cuff Title

I count seven strands on the top and bottom.

Charles Betz

Comment

Thanks for the replys once again gents! But it seems we have a tie on our hands since it's not a sure thing and not really my cup of tea, I'll pass this one. But once again thanks for your help, and I look forward to follow this type off cuff and see if new evidence comes forward to back up either side.

Regards
                  Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X