Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick Research - SS Ribbon Bar Query

Rick.

I know you are 'The Man' for ribbons, so is there any way this one can be researched? It's an unusual combination. The last one is the Order of the Crown of King Zvonimir, so far as I can see. The holder must have been a fairly senior SS/Police officer in the Balkans area, but I've drawn a blank so far.

Here's the front.
    Attached Files

Close-up of runes and Police LS.
    Attached Files

Comment

Close-up of EK2 spange.
      Attached Files

Comment

And the back. It's hand-sewn to a standard zinc bar.
        Attached Files

Comment

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Comment

This IS your lucky day!!!

Add ONE to the handful of ORIGINAL SS runes ribbon bars I have seen in 30+ years!

EVERYTHING is correct about this bar-- the construction, devices, backing... and it is a plausible combination.

I think it may take some LUCK to get a 100% ID, because this man could just as well have been a senior NCO as a senior officer. The SS Seniority Lists don't show long services, the "flowers" medals, and foreign awards.

But I'll look.

Here's the 500% closeup of mine, from The Ribbon Bar Article on the other side of this website:

note the deep flat cleft between the runes, and the rounded mock embroidery which feels smooth to a fingertip (repros are rough, like file blades), and the angled tips. I liiiiike!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Robin,

If Rick, the mother of all German ribbon bar's masters, says to you that this are original runes, then you can consider yourself a real lucky guy! I just have seen lots of bad repro and totally wrong combinations. In your case it looks all good. It could have been belonged to an German officer who served in a SS Division fighting the partisans in Yugoslavia... Prinz Eugen, Handschar... very interesting indeed! I am really green of envy... but I am pretty sure that you looked after such a bar for a long time... Did it come with other items of the same soldier/officer? Perhaps it could really be researchable if you have more items or hints about this officer! Very, very exciting stuff.. at least to me!

Ciao,

Claudio

Originally posted by Rick Research
              This IS your lucky day!!!

Add ONE to the handful of ORIGINAL SS runes ribbon bars I have seen in 30+ years!

EVERYTHING is correct about this bar-- the construction, devices, backing... and it is a plausible combination.

I think it may take some LUCK to get a 100% ID, because this man could just as well have been a senior NCO as a senior officer. The SS Seniority Lists don't show long services, the "flowers" medals, and foreign awards.

But I'll look.

Here's the 500% closeup of mine, from The Ribbon Bar Article on the other side of this website:

note the deep flat cleft between the runes, and the rounded mock embroidery which feels smooth to a fingertip (repros are rough, like file blades), and the angled tips. I liiiiike!

Comment

Somewhere I have a printout of the Croatian devices, indicating CLASS. can I FIND it? Doh!!!

Comment

Niiice one!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Just to add; the Croatian ribbon on last position is most likely a class of the Order of the Crown of King Zwonimir on war ribbon. Normally all the different classes have different attachments, but this one here shows just the war-decoration- wreath.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Thanks Rick and everyone.

I picked this up in London at a militaria fair about 10 years ago - it wasn't cheap (about £100 even then) but when I saw it I just HAD to have it.

It's the only 'real' set of runes I've personally come across in over 30 years, and the combination ............WW1 vet/eastern front vet/SS man/police man/anti-partisan ops (presumably - on account of the wreathed Zvonimir)............played right into my own personal collecting field.

Maybe...............some day...............I'll find out who the original owner was.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X