SS side cap from.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS side cap from.

Hello ! Need opinions about this side cap. Photos ....

Thanks,
    Alex
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pimpf; 07-20-2004, 11:01 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Alex,

looks to me like the TK impression left on the cap is the wrong way around!

cheers,

Gary

Comment

I have fliped your photo to show you what i mean
                Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Aha ... I see. Gary, thanks a lot !

Comment

I would definatly pass on this cap, there is several "red flags" here.

Regards

Comment

Looks like a coastal artillery to me, I got burned with one many years ago, The false piping on the crown is not consistent with the several originals I have handled. I think the cap is real just not an SS version.

Cheers

Mark

Originally posted by Hasse.M
                      I would definatly pass on this cap, there is several "red flags" here.

Regards

Comment

Thanks for all comments above ! What good reference books may be recommended (exept Wilkins that I already bought) with detailed study of these caps ?

Comment

hello, i had one that came right from some family members from germany and it was said to be a coastal artillery with SS skull and eagle on it. so i do beleave these were used in the SS, but others don't. i sold mine, but you could look up my past posts and see it if you want. one of my family members was in the german military and i have his background papers to prove he was a pure german, their in storage due to moving. but just recived some photos of him afew weeks ago showing him as a baby and in his uniform waist up, and a photo of him when he was older. if anyone wants to see it i'l post it. but i was waiting to get all the papers together and post together. but will show what i have access to right now if wanted.

greg

Comment

Pimpf,

Try a search on this and the headgear forum you will see some good originals and fakes.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Hello ,

I have some questions about the rule of the false piping on the wss overseas cap .

For the different branches using this cap shape :

-Kriegsmarine blue
                              -Kriegsmarine coastal artillery
                              -Luftwaffe blue

It's possible two find the two types of construction , with and without false piping .

I' have seen a lot Coastal artillery overseas cap with this famous false piping (you have a good example actually on collector guild ), in this case nobody
                              said it's a waffen ss cap with later added KM insignas...

So if in the three case above it's normal to find the two differents construction in parrallel , why not for the waffen ss ?

Regards ,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X