• Show
Clear All

TWO (2) SS General White-Tops!

SS gentlemen (and I use that term loosely), see this thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=370294
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Horror

Comment

Haven't seen a real white at any rank with a dealer in decades, is an NCO on 1 known dealer's site now. And been there forever but I'm no hat expert

Comment

One dealer got a white Gen. some one or two years ago, was the only one I ever saw offered in decades. Resides now in a very fine collection.

Comment

& for the latest, another SS white-top personality visor has appeared after 70 years (out of the "woodwork", of course), and opinions are being sought by the thread-starter:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=841985
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

& for the latest, another SS white-top personality visor has appeared "out of the woodwork" after 70 years, this time attributed to the husband of the notorious Ilse Koch ie, Karl Koch.

Opinions are being sought by the thread-starter:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=841985[/QUOTE]
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Cool to see the "Amann" white again after all these years.

I was offered to buy this one in 1998 from John R. Angolia and even got a photo of it.
              Back then it had the Alte kämpfer, the Blood order band but NOT the RFSS-band on it. He said to me that "I do not know who it once belonged to but it came to me together with a Photo album that belonged to Max Amann" (freely remembered).
              I still have the letter from Angolia in my collection somewhere but unfortunately the picture he gave me, I gave to another collector who is now dead and god only knows where the picture is today.

It was too expensive for me back then and I ended up buyng another unif from Mr. Angolia

Comment

Originally posted by Stangell View Post
                Cool to see the "Amann" white again after all these years.

I was offered to buy this one in 1998 from John R. Angolia and even got a photo of it.
                Back then it had the Alte kämpfer, the Blood order band but NOT the RFSS-band on it. He said to me that "I do not know who it once belonged to but it came to me together with a Photo album that belonged to Max Amann" (freely remembered).
                I still have the letter from Angolia in my collection somewhere but unfortunately the picture he gave me, I gave to another collector who is now dead and god only knows where the picture is today.

It was too expensive for me back then and I ended up buyng another unif from Mr. Angolia
                I think you have your threads mixed up. This was bout hats, not uniforms.

Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X