HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Medal Ribbon Bar (long service bars)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Medal Ribbon Bar (long service bars)?

Hi,

I've always had a liking for medal ribbon bars and found a very unusual one recently.

It consists of EK2
    ribbon,War merit cross 2nd class ribbon,with swords,Russian front
    ribbon,NSDAP long service ribbon,two SS Long service ribbons with the gold and
    silver runes.Medal of 13/3/38 ribbon,and the Memel medal ribbon.

Can anyone tell is there a way of finding out who could have owned such as bar as I'm sure there weren't that many 25 year long service medals actually awarded.

Thanks for any info

Andrew

Do you have a photograph of this ribbon bar that you could post? The SS rune device on ribbon bars is insanely rare...

Also, when you say that it has the 25 year ribbon, do you mean that it has the 25 year ribbon by itself, or does it have the 15 and 10 year ribbons as well.

or

--Chris
    Last edited by landsknechte; 07-18-2004, 06:31 PM.

Comment

SS medal ribbon bar

Hi Chris,

Thanks for yr question. Unfortunately, haven't got a piccy as the medal bar is on a dealers website "The last reich". You can get to it via www.militariamart.com .......but don't know if it is still there.

all i remember is that is has both the SS long service medal bars for the 12 yr and 25 medals - the ones with the SS runes on the ribbon. I was interested as I have a cased 12 yr SS - But without the ribbon!

best regards
      andrew

Originally posted by landsknechte
      Do you have a photograph of this ribbon bar that you could post? The SS rune device on ribbon bars is insanely rare...

Also, when you say that it has the 25 year ribbon, do you mean that it has the 25 year ribbon by itself, or does it have the 15 and 10 year ribbons as well.

or

--Chris

Comment

I couldn't find it, I'm afraid. If you stumble across it again, please post the link.

--Chris

Comment

Do not look. DO NOT BUY: "two SS Long service ribbons with the gold and silver runes"---

sight unseen... THAT is a piece of garbage, Frankenstein fraud FAKE, Andrew. RUN, DO NOT WALK, away!!!!!!

See The Ribbon Bar Article on this website's other side--

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/ribbons/index.htm

in the fakes sections.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Rick,

yes yr quite right. I came across the below website and had a good look - seems as though SS bars are extremely rare - which is a shame as they are nice pieces - but too many fakes around - see snydertreasures - they look a bit dodgy

best wishes

andrew

Originally posted by Rick Research
            Do not look. DO NOT BUY: "two SS Long service ribbons with the gold and silver runes"---

sight unseen... THAT is a piece of garbage, Frankenstein fraud FAKE, Andrew. RUN, DO NOT WALK, away!!!!!!

See The Ribbon Bar Article on this website's other side--

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/ribbons/index.htm

in the fakes sections.

Comment

picture

Hi Chris,

I have located the photo again and can post it to you. the NSDAP long ribbon bar is the 15 yr one - Blue.

best wishes

andrew

Originally posted by landsknechte
              I couldn't find it, I'm afraid. If you stumble across it again, please post the link.

--Chris

Comment

TWO ribbons with SS runes and NS-15 without 10 are not possible.

Mass produced crap!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X