X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh come on!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=584032

No ageing or patina ?
    Very amateurish/clumsy carving of the letters and what I assume is supposed to be oak leaves, look more like lettuce leaves !
    Looks freshly turned and carved to me and not done by a period craftsman.

Comment

Ok no personal attacks please . Keep it about the item. Thank you.

Comment

looks brand new with pencil marks on it still

The plate just does not look older than a few months.
        As Minnesinger already pointed out elsewhere, there are what appears to be pencil markings. Other photos seem to show the markings are now gone.

This one just has way to many red flags.
        Attached Files

Comment

The problem with these types of artifacts is that no one can prove if there were made 70 years ago................. or yesterday.

Provenance is the key word in this.

I mean seriously, any good craftman can duplicate such an amateurish plate. It ain't exactly rocket science we're talking here.

Comment

Originally posted by patrice View Post
            The problem with these types of artifacts is that no one can prove if there were made 70 years ago................. or yesterday.

Provenance is the key word in this.

I mean seriously, any good craftman can duplicate such an amateurish plate. It ain't exactly rocket science we're talking here.
            As far as has been shown by seller so far, as usual;
            No provenance what so ever.

As others have stated, it would be nice if it displayed the least amount of aging and patina.

Comment

The hanging device and the nails certainly look new, but I know nothing about these plates so am ready to learn. Part of the problem is that some photos make the wood look like unstained pine and others show a completely different colour. That's just photography so may be confusing things a little. I shall listen and learn

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                The plate just does not look older than a few months.
                As Minnesinger already pointed out elsewhere, there are what appears to be pencil markings. Other photos seem to show the markings are now gone.

This one just has way to many red flags.
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...38494&page=140

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...38494&page=148

post 2189 by Minnesinger
                Attached Files
                Last edited by maestro; 03-29-2012, 12:28 AM.

Comment

probably should add a photo to this thread of the item to keep it from being useless when the sales thread is closed?
                  I tried but could not do it due to the file type of the original photo???? I am pc ignorant also!
                  Just thought I would mention this?

Kevin

Comment

Definite pencil lines, and yet they miraculously dissapear on later shots taken..... The eraser is a wonderful invention.

Comment

SS cultural item - Reichsnährstand plate 1941

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear SS cultural collectors,

Here is the unique chance to lay your hands on a very impressive and unique wooden presentation plate of the Reichsnährstand out of my collection given due to 50 years of membership within the Landesbauernschaft Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony) to a farmer as a member of this regional part of the Reichsnährstand which was divided into several Landesbauernschaften in the Reich.

According to the visable pencil inscription on it´s back the plate was presented to the farmer on the 27th of November in 1941.

As the advanced SS cultural enthusiasts will surely know the Reichsnährstand was purely an SS organisation under it´s well-known leader Reichsbauernführer and SS-Obergruppenführer Richard Walther Darré, a personal friend of Reichsführer-SS, Heinrich Himmler - both were studied farmers and developed one of the most important theoretical pillars and therefore cultural agendas of the SS: the connection of blood and soil as part of a new religion based on natural law.

That agenda was to become reality via different organisations developed, supervised and controlled by the SS - as one example the foundation and development of the Ahnenerbe would have been impossible without Darré´s financial help via his Reichsnährstand, furthermore he was responsible for another cultural entity, the Deutsches Heimatwerk (DHW), which also worked together with the SS-Porzellan-Manufaktur Allach-München (PMA) and enabled the PMA to open a first presentation and sales shop within the first and main sales shop of the DHW in 1937.

Back to the plate:

It is in pristine and untouched original condition and was kept in a closet by the owner´s family most of it´s life - what makes this plate so attractive is the fact that it was never de-nazified which is very rare to see.

Diameter is 31 cm and height is 3 cm.

Price including shipping via trackable FEDEX International Priority parcel is 795 Euros.

Payment via Paypal or IBAN bank transfer.
                      Attached Files

Comment

couple more pictures
                        Attached Files

Comment

one waxed
                          Attached Files

Comment

I will make you one of those out of the same type of new growth wood for half that price and the umlaut dots will be centered

Comment

Originally posted by Sal Williams View Post
                              I will make you one of those out of the same type of new growth wood for half that price and the umlaut dots will be centered
                              It seems like the Umlauts on this plate were an after thought !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X