CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

to the back of the class! you didnt do your homework!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to the back of the class! you didnt do your homework!

i saw a few 12 year ss medals on the forum either for sale or just up to see if there real or not so i had a look at a fake a friend of mine gave me about 5 years ago,i want to see how good it was and what i found was a real case of someone not doing there homework!! from what i can see about this one its a bad bad BAD fake! its got the wrong type of ring on top missing the wreath in the centre and the side of the arm on the bottom left hand side arent even at all!! very bold! to the back of the class with the faker!!!
    anyone else see anything wrong with it! but amazingly the ribbion doesnt glow under the backlight!oh and the top lines are actuly quite shiny!so there you go!!!
    so is this one of the worse fakes out there? what do you think?
    Attached Files

Whoops, duplicate post!
    Last edited by SScollector; 07-15-2004, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Aside from the fact that it is missing the wreath, (that is very odd), and the non-beveled loop and the circular ring, that is one of the best looking fake
      SS 12-year medals that I have ever seen. The details appear quite nice,
      compared to most of the fake SS service medals, which are not even close.
      If it only had the wreath...
      Best, Chris

Comment

the detail is all there,apart from the wrong type of ring on the top and the wreath its got great detail and is very very well made!also has highly polished highlights to! id love to know what robin l and gary wood have to say about it! has anyone ever seen one like this before?

Comment

Ah. This would be the elusive 11 year medal.

Comment

I am afraid medals are not really my thing even SS ones so will leave it to others better qualified.

cheers.
            Gary

Comment

Some folks would say "How can you call my piece a fake !!! Its a field made prototype, just because YOU have never seen one does not make it a fake. Show me a picture of the faker making it, or accept it is real !!!!!"

Comment

Well, I don't see any highly polished details.

The runes on the ribbon are pitiful. The letters in the "Fur" on the reverse are not the same size as the rest of the letters.

And they didn't even try the wreath -- which is the most difficult part.

It looks like someone started a repro project, then gave up on it.

Comment

Isn't this the very medal awarded to SS-Obergruppenfuehrer Michael ('Mickey') Maus ?
                  Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 07-16-2004, 10:46 AM.

Comment

when you have the medal in hand its very shiny/polished also im not saying its real by any strech just that who ever did it didnt do ther homework and gave up i guess!!!!i am going to use it as frizby(or dodgy ninja star!!)/target though i havent made my mind up yet!!!!

Comment

I'll give you $25.00 for it.

Comment

I've seen this exact type of repro before, but with a separately stamped wreath which was applied to the front of the cross; from the front they look quite good, but are given away when viewing the reverse...

Comment

Isn't this a much better repro?

(It's on a dealer's site being sold as authentic!)
                          Attached Files

Comment

I believe the above pictured copy is of the same type, only with the separate wreath still attached...

Comment

Well, that does look like the same fake. I think it looks better without the wreath, (the wreath is so far from the originals).
                              Also, notice how the SS runes on the front are narrow at the top, and wide at the bottom. Best, Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X