SS collar tab from vet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS collar tab from vet

Hi, I got a pair of SS collar tabs from a veterans that I know, hope you enjoy it.

Sorry, here is the photo:

Comment

Comment

Reverse of tab:

Comment

Remains of cardboard inside the rune:

Comment

Reverse of tabs (why the glue in the corners?? )

Comment

Reverse of blanc tab: the vet said this is not the pair he wore during the war, according to what he told me, he obtained them in Germany after the war. Hope you like it.

Comment

Tabs ......

I am not convinced that these are original as I for one have not seen anything like these before even though the weave on the runes are nicely done. David

Comment

very intersting tabs, I never have seen this style before too.
                  I don´t think this are post-war collar tabs. But I would say this ones are maybe foreign made. No RZM no BeVo ... but with a kinda silk runes or anything like this what remembers me a little bit for the silk or cello border cufftitles where are also not so common and rar. Who knows ...

Comment

So, if these are not the ones he wore during the war, the veteran is a SS veteran who bought these tabs after the war in Germany?

Wouldn't an 'erhmaliger SS angehörte' (pardon my German please) be fairly wary of buying SS insignia in Germany immediately after the war, or perhaps even now?

That alone makes the provenance kind of interesting (I don't mean anything bad by that, 'interesting' meaning just that it is interesting).

Comment

Thanks for all comments, looks like we have an interesting pair of collar patches here.

Very much so Peter, no offense taken, I understand your question very well, and always felt myself that the German vet in question was taking risks by purchasing Nazi regalia in post war Germany. The man has dozens of medals and awards, some are good, others not.
                      In fact, I realize the practice of purchasing militaria after the war was common with vets from many nations, i.e., someone would surely like to replace an original patch or medal lost during the war.
                      Best,
                      Cesar.

Comment

Hello, I don't believe these collar tabs are original. I believe these to be copies, namely hand-embroidered with twisted cord. I think the veteran purchased these tabs after the war without knowing (or even caring) they are fakes. Just my opinon...
                        cheers
                        Bart

Comment

It was fairly common practice for some vets in Germany to replace insignia they wore during WW2 post war, below is one example, the vet proudly showing a frame of insignia he would have worn at one time, all purchased post war and all fakes, to the vet its the name and the emblems that are important not how and when they were made
                          cheers,
                          Gary
                          PS I also have seen many UK vets who have in the post war years purchased badges they recognised they wore in WW2, and alas some are fake.
                          Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Yet the same vet above still had a few original items here is one
                            cheers,
                            Gary
                            Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X