griffinmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RFSS Stab Sturmbannführer Shoulderboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

7. Last one.
      Attached Files

Comment

Two shown are embroidered on backing material cut in the same "crude" shape as the one on the tunic . A couple are made for brown jackets/shirts there is a bevo one which would have to be mounted to black or gray cloth to worn on an SS tunic,one has a very crude looking black edge..so from what I see there could have been numerous types made and some maybe even in places like Norway, Denmark,and Finland for RuSHa members serving there...I still do not see a problem because you can't really say its not like any other since there appear to be numerous variants here...who has the last say on which types are fake and which ones are not? Someone see's one different than their single example and says fake and a whole school of fish follow...its good to be vigilant but being careful and vigilant is better.
        Last edited by John Pic; 03-10-2012, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Benndorff View Post
          Richard, I've had a few different patterns of hand embroidered Tyr runes over the years, and they've all been more symmetrical than the pictured example and made of either silk/cotton/rayon or a blend thereof--never with bullion or metal threads of any sort. There are other questions about the construction and the backing, but the overall shape and materials used IMO make this one extremely suspect.
          Erich
          John,

You are right...I can't say it is fake for sure, but I can say it is made from all the aged materials used by a faker near Sacramento. I know his name and he mainly makes US insignia, but has made stuff to order for a certain California dealer who sells TR and US.

Erich Benndorff has been collecting political items a long time here in So Cal, so I do value his opinion too.

I also always take what you say into account given your experience. I do also appreciate your input. No one has everything right.

Richard

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X