MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RFSS Stab Sturmbannführer Shoulderboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont see anything wrong with Tyr rune..but I defer to Jim's wisdom the tunic needs inspection, because so many tunics are being thrown together these days.

Comment

Rus

Do you have the history of this tunic ?where did it come from ?

Comment

RuS

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
        Jim I belive it was you who said the Odal raute was bad in another thread?,Ive seen very few officer versions,in fact 2.Im just curious,is it because of the direction of the bullion wire,or because its a bit sloppy?do you have a good example,or anyone else?Or explain?thanks .
        Wewelsburg,
        See Richard p last posting it sums it up. camera is down at this time ,sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Toncar View Post
          Wewelsburg,
          See Richard p last posting it sums it up. camera is down at this time ,sorry
          Jim Im speaking of the ODAL rune on the Relics of the Reich tunic not the TYR rune on this tunic.

Comment

Jon-Olav,

Thanks for a clear straight on photo!

Someone has to have an original Tyr-rune patch on a uniform or in a patch collection for comparison?

This has to be a fairly thick patch. There is a bottom base of what looks like black wool judging from the first patch photo that is at a slight angle. There is a heavy red cotton thread hand embroidered border on top of this. There is the bullion arrow hand embroidered outline around the black center. The center is black ribbed silk...which has buckled up and is wrinkled now. There are two rows of heavy black cotton thread outline around the bullion embroidery. Then all of this is sewn to a backing piece...and then sewn rather haphazardly onto the tunic?

I might expect this type of stitching on an E.M. rank stripe or specialty patch...not on an expensive officer grade fancy silk and bullion patch. That is not a tailors or even an apprentices work. Strictly amateur.

That is one thick patch...perhaps a side shot is available Jon-Olav to see the thickness from the side?

Richard
            Attached Files

Comment

Richard I beg to differ I have seen insignias hand sewn like this on officers tunics since I started collecting Ive seen sloppy and well done both. all the BS I hear from people about how an officer would do it etc. etc. is just speculation and not informed knowledge....here is an example of wartime neatness on an officers tunic. The same thread used on the Tabs only neater.....
              Attached Files

Comment

rus

[QUOTE=John Pic;5171926]Richard I beg to differ I have seen insignias hand sewn like this on officers tunics since I started collecting Ive seen sloppy and well done both. all the BS I hear from people about how an officer would do it etc. etc. is just speculation and not informed knowledge....here is an example of wartime neatness on an officers tunic. The same thread used on the Tabs only neater.....[/QUOT

Yep , its true, sometimes its not what we want to see , but thats what makes it so confusing ? to be really honest its hard to judge this tunic unless its in your hands , all these posting make sense to some degree ,myself I just cannot tell either way.

Comment

in book

Hey if it helps in the book.
                  SS uniforms,insignias y accoutments
                  compiled By.A.Hayes pag.77

Unfortunately I have no scanner
                  There is a photo in front and behind with the paper still RZM / SS
                  not like the uniform, having to think it is cast in field, tailor?
                  Xisco

Comment

sorry the photo book is Tyr-rune .
                    xisco

Comment

ty rn

Does the ty rune badge appear on SS price list ? I have never seen this?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                        I have never seen anything like that construction. Just the crudely cut material backing, on the tunic, would be enough for me to dismiss this as original or originally applied to the tunic.

Bob Hritz
                        Bob was kind enough to post this on the Political forum in response to posting these two photos...so I am quoting it here because I think it is note worthy. I also asked for examples...but none posted so far.

I have found these patches from various sources to include fully embroidered to chain stitched. Some from this forum, some deemed fake.

Richard
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Richard P; 03-10-2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

5. I believe judged fake, but could be wrong....it is the closest example I could find to the one posted.

Peter's example-obvious original.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Richard P; 03-10-2012, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X