SS Brigf Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I
    Last edited by Bobwirtz; 02-15-2012, 12:16 PM. Reason: researched date of Demelhubers promotion

Comment

Well, they're your collar tabs and you can believe what you want. You asked the forum for honest opinions based upon our knowledge and experience and we gave those opinions to you. Now it's up to to you either take them to heart or disregard them.

As for the photo of Demelhuber wearing collar tabs exactly like this, I doubt it. He was promoted to SS-Gruppenfuhrer on 20 April 1942 and would have traded his pre-June 1942 styled SS-Brigadefuhrer collar tabs in for the new post-June 1942 style with three oakleaves and a single pip. I doubt if Demelhuber ever wore these collar tabs.

Good luck with your collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post
        Well, they're your collar tabs and you can believe what you want. You asked the forum for honest opinions based upon our knowledge and experience and we gave those opinions to you. Now it's up to to you either take them to heart or disregard them.

As for the photo of Demelhuber wearing collar tabs exactly like this, I doubt it. He was promoted to SS-Gruppenfuhrer on 20 April 1942 and would have traded his pre-June 1942 styled SS-Brigadefuhrer collar tabs in for the new post-June 1942 style with three oakleaves and a single pip. I doubt if Demelhuber ever wore these collar tabs.

HI Bob thanks for your commets !! I do appricate ....I just disagree ...if its out of the ordebnary just a little then it gets the I think thats just a safe way that Fourms do things...your right I have talked to some old collectors who got items directly form vet that they know would get killed on forums ...so they dont even post this stuff....I think some open minded opsevations could help insted of LOL.....No your right ....i dont think there is a photo of Demelhuber waring the exact tabs or even that rank..but this style of stem that everyone cant get past....I Do think that exists ...And i will post it when i find it ..But this will probley just add fuel the Fire....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bobwirtz View Post

Now this is getting good !!! lol Bob H .....just told me to refer to post 21 ..in this thread

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...elhuber&page=2

witch is your very post Bobwritz?????

Comment

gfhghjk
            Attached Files

Comment

Yes, I'm not surprised that somebody dug up an older thread that covered the subject. That was back in 2007-08. These things have been discussed before if anybody wants to do a little research and search for the threads. I would say that at some point over the history of this forum, everything has been discussed.

The collar tabs that I posted belong to an old friend of mine, whom many collectors know. These are without a doubt 100% authentic. If you study the fine points you might be able to ascertain the authenticity of your pair. Sometimes you need a pair of originals to compare with.

Yes, Demelhuber was an SS-Gruppenfuhrer for most of the war, being promoted on 20 April 1942. He probably traded his pre-June 1942 SS-Brigadefuhrer collar tabs (two oakleaves and single pip) for the ones he's wearing in the photo. He was promoted to SS-Obergruppenfuhrer on 20 July 1944 but I've only ever seen one photo of him wearing that rank.

Comment

tabs

absolute fakes , as noted..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X