• Show
Clear All

ss armband opinion

Hello,
    opinion asked. thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

The materials are A-typical and the construction of the swastika sloppy, I would wait for a textbook one ... which are plentiful.

Ian

Comment

I don't like this one.
        Always looking for photos and documents from Rotterdam - Dordrecht - Moerdijk (1940-1945)

Comment

Weird disc and swastika. I would pass.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Here is a close up of the armband. Can any of those who dislike the armband please post pictures of their original cotton armband for comparison. I would like to see the concrete differences. I know the cotton bands had some variation. Thank you, Ron.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ian Cotton SS armbands plentiful? Show me where?Wool yes,real cotton ones not nowadays.Realize guys we are not comparing this to wool armbands,these differ in cotton throughout the early period,although I would like to see two rows of stitching on rear per stripe,this may have a good chance,there are many sloppy swastikas on period pieces,cotton SS armbands are not all that common as the SS brownshirts were a much smaller group than the SA.Wool ones are much easier to determine,but these not so much,the roundel looks like other SA ones Ive seen as far as material as well as the stripes,I disagrre teh material isnt unusual for a period piece for me..,Ive also seen good SS bands with such thick stripes also.
              Id do a burn test on teh thread and a blacklight on the roundel for a START.

Comment

Thank you Nick. I was hoping you would reply.

Comment

sure thing

Comment

BTW as far as SS cotton armbands being plentiful,there are a total of 2 real ones on this forum Ive found,and they are in the same post!And none available at dealers I could find.The two real ones are far from perfect swastikas,and are tagged,there is no such thing as a textbook SS cotton armband as they dont all share a common look,even when from the same maker! see here

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ton+ss+armband

Comment

I've seen hundreds of authentic SS armbands over the years, owned 4 or 5. That swastica looks all wrong in my opinion. Jumped out at me as a matter of fact. Just my 2 cents, but I'd stay away from it.

Regards,
                      Joel

Edited to add: I've always owned wool SS armbands. I don't recall ever seeing cotton/linen SS armband of the black band style. I've either just admitted I've lived a very sheltered life or authentic cotton SS armbands of that style are scarce.

Comment

So if you don't ever recall seeing a cotton/linen armband, which have and do exist, how can you offer an educated opinion that something looks wrong and actually so bad that it jumps out at you? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or antagonistic, but these kind of opinions can be more destructive than constructive. -Ron

Comment

Another one to compare .. >> http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...Cotton+Armband

Comment

Originally posted by rott51 View Post
                            So if you don't ever recall seeing a cotton/linen armband, which have and do exist, how can you offer an educated opinion that something looks wrong and actually so bad that it jumps out at you? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or antagonistic, but these kind of opinions can be more destructive than constructive. -Ron
                            As I've said, I've seen a lot of SS armbands over the years and owned several. I have never seen a linen one of that style (black borders) and sloppy quality. Therefore it jumped out at me. BOO!!! Thats just a fact, not an opinion. Several others here called it bad, perhaps you can question them. I have no dog in this hunt, just being honest.

Regards,
                            Joel

BTW, the OP asked for OPINIONS. In the title and in the first post.

Comment

Right, he did ask for opinions. Hopefully opinions from people who do have experience with the item in question.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X