Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Westland cypher and shoulder strap

Good evening gentlemen!

A good collector friend visits me now and he brought this Westland cypher and infantry shoulder strap. He wants opinions on them.

Westland cypher has two tones of coloured threads on the reverse. Yellow and white. I hope the photos are large enough to illustrate that.

Cheers and thanks!

//Felix
    Attached Files

Shoulder strap
    Attached Files

Comment

Detail of piping
      Attached Files

Comment

ss strap look correct. Very nice!
        Dont know about the W...
        Regards
        Gisle

Comment

Felix,

It looks like a board that would be more comfortable on a Hermann Goring panzer wrap, than on an SS tunic. SS boards are usually only black on the very top, with field gray and other scrap use elsewhere on the strap that didn't show. That is merely a personal opinion and continuing observation.

I am not really comfortable with the "W" cyphers as I have ween way too many of them for sale including ebay. They are however technically correct, but way too easy to make. Just another opinion and offered only as such.

Richard

Comment

Looks like a nice early type SS strap. I like the appearance of the cypher also. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Both look OK to me.

Comment

Both look ok to me

Comment

Tommy Tutone

While I find the two-tone thread on the reverse of the slip-on cypher very unusual, I do not see any red flags in the embroidery itself. It gets my personal vote for authenticity!

The strap looks original also. With regards to the black top-side and black bottom-side, is Fuhrer Begleit Bataillon a possibility?

Comment

Originally posted by GREG E. View Post
                    . With regards to the black top-side and black bottom-side, is Fuhrer Begleit Bataillon a possibility?

While that is possible SS straps can have both black and field grey undersides.
                    Best
                    John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X