Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officer collar tabs

Hello all,

The buckram looks a bit strange to me and there looks like glue on the reverse of the one. On the rank tab I like the horizontal lines in the wool and the tailor marks on the back. Fairly realistic moth nip on the runes, but once again why the buckram??

William Kramer
    Attached Files
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Not to sound rude, but have you done a search on this forum?

They are all clear repros. "dot line" is for pakistani....

Buckram, shape of runes, shape of skull... Two strands...

//Felix

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post

//Felix
            You don't sound rude and thank you for the opinion. I'm an award guy, this SS stuff is hard. I have heard of two strand originals (not saying these are)

Any other good books to pick up?

William Kramer

Comment

Felix is right,poor repros

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                You don't sound rude and thank you for the opinion. I'm an award guy, this SS stuff is hard. I have heard of two strand originals (not saying these are)

Any other good books to pick up?

William Kramer
                You would be better of with experience and frequent searches of this forum. Its all here. Just spend that extra hour....

Cheers and thanks for not taking any offence.

//Felix

Comment

Two strands

//Felix
                  Two strands of bullion in the piping should really not be included, as it does appear that way in known original examples.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                    Two strands of bullion in the piping should really not be included, as it does appear that way in known original examples.
                    Boy, you must have a hard time getting the point. How many times have we been through this? How many times have I explained to you? How much do you understand? Z E R O... Period! I wont call you a m-ron because its really that obvious! No need....

Two strands is an indicator and it needs to be checked out further. There are original colar tabs with two strands but they make up perhaps 2-3 % of the total at most in a very generous way. Two strands is a red FLAG! You need to check out further to get the whole picture. It is only one part!! The number of strands is just one part. Comprende amigo stupido? Do you not see whats posted here? Contact your optician please
                    Gee, how stupid are you....

Comment

Tabs

"Not to sound rude, but have you done a search on this forum?

//Felix "

Felix has hit everything spot on. Use the Search function and study. All of these are one lookers in the wrong direction.

Charles Betz

Comment

Two strands

Boy, you must have a hard time getting the point. How many times have we been through this? How many times have I explained to you? How much do you understand? Z E R O... Period! I wont call you a m-ron because its really that obvious! No need....

Two strands is an indicator and it needs to be checked out further. There are original colar tabs with two strands but they make up perhaps 2-3 % of the total at most in a very generous way. Two strands is a red FLAG! You need to check out further to get the whole picture. It is only one part!! The number of strands is just one part. Comprende amigo stupido? Do you not see whats posted here? Contact your optician please
                        Gee, how stupid are you....
                        Just want make sure others are aware that 2 stranded piping is not necessarily indicative of a reproduction. Please be careful to point that out next time. ....amigo!
                        Last edited by PMan; 01-09-2012, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Wow, Felix, maybe you need a break from the hobby. All this pissed off writing, if it bothers you so much when a member asks for an opinion out of his speciality there is no need to tell him to spend more time on the search function. Some people don't have all day to read old threads trying to learn SS. How would you like it if you posted a badge or an award and the original poster told you to spend some time on the search function. When it comes to badges, we answer these types of questions all day without rudeness. Lighten up!
                          best wishes,
                          jeff
                          Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
                            Wow, Felix, maybe you need a break from the hobby. All this pissed off writing, if it bothers you so much when a member asks for an opinion out of his speciality there is no need to tell him to spend more time on the search function. Some people don't have all day to read old threads trying to learn SS. How would you like it if you posted a badge or an award and the original poster told you to spend some time on the search function. When it comes to badges, we answer these types of questions all day without rudeness. Lighten up!
                            best wishes,
                            jeff
                            In Felix's defense though, if you have 2K+ burning a hole in your pocket to pick up a bullion TK tab, then spending an hour on this forum is hardly a sacrifice.

Comment

I thought these tabs started life in the 80's and came from the Czech republic .... Nevertheless still bad
                              Regards
                              David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X