Mint unissued or Tunic removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mint unissued or Tunic removed

I was just wondering what you guy's prefer collecting / buying , mint unissued cloth items or tunic removed ? Although i have both sorts in my collection , i do prefer tunic removed stuff as it has been there !
    Mint unissued
    21.88%
    Tunic removed
    78.13%

I see that at the moment the poll shows in favour of Tunic removed items , but IMO from what i have noticed it seems easier too sell Mint / Minty items as opposed to used ones , also the minty ones can be more expensive . Does anyone share this view ?

Comment

Originally posted by baldy1939 View Post
      I see that at the moment the poll shows in favour of Tunic removed items , but IMO from what i have noticed it seems easier too sell Mint / Minty items as opposed to used ones , also the minty ones can be more expensive . Does anyone share this view ?
      Well if that is the case I for one would not complain. I prefer the tunic removed any day, but for a display I wouldn't mind being able to display a mint unissued one next to a used tunic removed example.

Comment

Originally posted by baldy1939 View Post
        but IMO from what i have noticed it seems easier too sell Mint / Minty items as opposed to used ones
        The best original tunic-removed items are sold without even seeing the light of day.

It's 'easier' and MUCH safer for collectors starting out on the road to collect cheaper, more plentiful, unissued and textbook items on a dealer's webshop than it is to speculate on worn examples IF they even get a sniff of them.

You also need to factor in the number of dealers who scour the market for these worn items to adorn stripped tunics and sell the new ensemble on to turn a profit.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
          The best original tunic-removed items are sold without even seeing the light of day.

Ian
          Is this what you collect Ian? Show us some

Comment

I collect nothing these days Steve, I sold my collection in 1995 to pay the mortgage when I lost my job 3 days after Tina (our eldest) was born. Most of it went through Regimentals and some through the local papers.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
              I collect nothing these days Steve, I sold my collection in 1995 to pay the mortgage when I lost my job 3 days after Tina (our eldest) was born. Most of it went through Regimentals and some through the local papers.

Ian
              Oh, no probs..I can understand that! I used to collect insignia and quite a few pieces have helped my daughter through university! Mainly interested in cultural items now, but I still love to see nice pieces of insignia.

Comment

what i like... tunic removed insignia,used uniforms, caps and helmets,and MINT camo items.
                but i do have used camo items;-)

Comment

I want to collect the best condition examples that I can.
                  Although, I also wouldn't turn down a piece if the price was right!

Jack

Comment

Mark you know for me it's only uniform removed
                    Cheers
                    Dave.

Comment

Both mint unissued and tunic removed are appealing but I'd prefer used/worn examples if given the choice

Comment

Given a choice of a tunic removed set of insignia I would jump on it! never issued has its place, but will forever have a history of just that... I like pieces that speak!

Kevin

Comment

I would vote both.

However, some of those worn items are just too worn for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyS View Post
                            I would vote both.

However, some of those worn items are just too worn for my liking.
                            You have a point there, like those Bevo Runics that have absolutely no backing, just the cloth.

Comment

In an ideal world & money no object , it would be nice to have one of each

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X