Doubtful SS Coffeecan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doubtful SS Coffeecan

Here is a SS Coffeecan hat . The condition is way too good and I don't even know if the cloth is the right material. The usual SS RZM tag has a big piece missing and that makes me suspicious when I am looking at something that is questionable.
    Here are the pics.
    It came from the collection of good and bad stuff that I have been looking at and is about 50/50.
    Tim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TP Alexander; 01-01-2012, 11:24 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

.....haven't seen anything like this.........

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Baron View Post
        .....haven't seen anything like this.........
        Well....I know squat diddly nothing about them, so I don' even know if this is a correct style or not.

Comment

I'm no expert either, but any of them I have seen look quite a bit different from this

Comment

Kepi

First, why would a kepi have a paper RZM tag in it? Here's a thread with some discussion on kepis: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=SS+Kepi

Charles Betz

Comment

Originally posted by C. Betz View Post
              First, why would a kepi have a paper RZM tag in it? Here's a thread with some discussion on kepis: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=SS+Kepi

Charles Betz
              Label should be post 1937, cap should be > ~1934

Comment

Label

"Label should be post 1937, cap should be > ~1934 "

Exactly.

Charles Betz
                Last edited by C. Betz; 01-02-2012, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Convenient how the RZM tag ripped leaving the SS marking side of it?

Kev

Comment

Tag

A paper RZM tag has no business being on the kepi.

Charles Betz

Comment

The insignia may be original....although from different times, and condition , as the wear would be consistant across the board....so...i doubt the hat totally, and the chinstrap ..

Comment

Originally posted by WEISNER View Post
                        Convenient how the RZM tag ripped leaving the SS marking side of it?

Kev
                        Yeah, the little remnant of an SS RZM tag was one of the things that started setting off alarm belss. Very spurious

Comment

Kepi

The skull looks original. Better pics are needed on the eagle. The chinstrap is fake. The chinstrap buttons are fake. The RZM tag, as mentioned, is inappropriate for a kepi. The sweatband looks fake. The front button attachment area is wrong. The front button is wrong. The actual shape of the kepi is wrong. Other than that, it's a nice hat.

Comment

Kepi

Oh, I forgot to mention...... the shape of the missing sweat diamond is wrong, and why would a basically mint kepi have a missing sweat diamond? I think we all know the answer to that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X