SS Skanderbeg Albanian Poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Skanderbeg Albanian Poster

SS Skanderbeg Albanian Poster??? This poster sold on the web for $240USD.
    Is it real or a copy of a real one or just a fantasy poster?

It further states that 1 million pairs of skis were colelcted for the front...
    Kind or weird to see that on a recruitment poster! Suspicious!
    "Ubereine" should read "Uber eine" (over one) and "Heiman" should have read "Heimat"(home)!!!

Image is period no doubt (note SS buckle) so that's worth sharing and the fully buttoned anorak is interesting!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NickG; 12-30-2011, 02:46 PM.

Nick, I strongly doubt the Skanderbeg had even a single Schi-Patruillen.
    Anyway just garbage IMO.

Comment

Agreed...more appropriate for "Nord"....this image!
      on the other hand the French SS Charlemagne recruiting poster shows a German tank...
      just to get potential recruits excited I guess...

I agree its still a garbage poster...and "der" Skanderbeg ...???
      That does not make sense either I just noticed!! Lots of bad German on this one!!

So somebody flushed $240 bucks down the toilet!

Comment

Staying on this topic , these are Skanderbeg troops...
        Can somebody show full size images?
        Would like to study the uniform details, but can't find better (larger) images...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 12-30-2011, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
          Staying on this topic , these are Skanderbeg troops...
          Can somebody show full size images?
          Would like to study the uniform details, but can't find better (larger) images...
          Hello Nick,

those are from the serie published by Michaelis time ago, not sure where do they came from, I presume the BA; I've seen at least 10\15 shots of that serie.

I was given a couple of shots by a forum member time ago, hope is ok to post them here: they are from the well known french serie related to the printed SS sleeve eagles worn by members of the Prinz Eugen in the Balkans.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here you can see again at least 3 of the men pictured above, so, I think we are talking about the same serie.
            Attached Files

Comment

Jeeezes, they give the expression 'mottley crew' a bad name !

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                Jeeezes, they give the expression 'mottley crew' a bad name !

Ian

Well, personally I wouldn't mess with people like them, they keep fighting in the area since 2000 years more or less.

Comment

Yup, Albanians were always fierce fighters, very hard & tough ,

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
                    Hello Nick,

those are from the serie published by Michaelis time ago, not sure where do they came from, I presume the BA; I've seen at least 10\15 shots of that serie.

I was given a couple of shots by a forum member time ago, hope is ok to post them here: they are from the well known french serie related to the printed SS sleeve eagles worn by members of the Prinz Eugen in the Balkans.
                    LOL this guy on left looks like a sadist

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                      SS Skanderbeg Albanian Poster??? This poster sold on the web for $240USD.
                      Is it real or a copy of a real one or just a fantasy poster?

It further states that 1 million pairs of skis were colelcted for the front...
                      Kind or weird to see that on a recruitment poster! Suspicious!
                      "Ubereine" should read "Uber eine" (over one) and "Heiman" should have read "Heimat"(home)!!!

Image is period no doubt (note SS buckle) so that's worth sharing and the fully buttoned anorak is interesting!
                      The buyer might as well have taken $240 in cash and flushed it down the toilet.....

A few other fakes went out in the same auction although the others didn't sell for as much.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by TonyS; 12-31-2011, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X