X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crusher with mixed insignia (cloth TK, metal eagle) in wear by TK-soldier

From last weekends fleamarket:
    Attached Files

If the shiny visor is original to the cap IMHO its NOT a crusher even if its being worn in a crusher style... Billbert

nice foto...

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
      If the shiny visor is original to the cap IMHO its NOT a crusher even if its being worn in a crusher style... Billbert

nice foto...
      you are right its a standard visor cap,crushed and worn as 'crusher" but many war time photos show that it was common. still nice photo.

Comment

The colored piping makes up for it not being a crusher. Great pic. Jacques

Comment

That's one goofy looking TK!

Comment

Mode

I like how he wears the Hat.

Comment

Maybe you already know..Its a bevo TK not metal Ben... Billbert

Comment

Guessed that, the clue was in the thread title to help dummies like me!
                Attached Files

Comment

Great photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    I like how he wears the Hat.
                    Doc,

when you look that fricken good you wear your shxt how YOU want! Man my NCOs would be all over me like white on rice if I was cruising around looking all ate up with my hat all cockeyed. Matt

Comment

Err, didn't understand all of that my white on rice friend but I think you're saying that they bent and twisted and folded their caps to extremes in some cases which of course they did.

Interesting though that not many examples like this appear these days.

Comment

He certainly wore his cap in a jaunty fashion. Fantastic photo, thanks for sharing with us.

Dave

Comment

Great image! Indeed a shiney bill so not a true crusher...crusher-like!

Another interesting detail:
                          The uniform of this officer candidate, based on the button positions, (note how high the EKII ribbon sits) appears to be an Army M41 pattern
                          with 6 button front! So it had its collar altered to make it appear like an M36!

Compare 3rd button in relationship to breast pocket height!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NickG; 12-20-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                            Err, didn't understand all of that my white on rice friend but I think you're saying that they bent and twisted and folded their caps to extremes in some cases which of course they did.

Interesting though that not many examples like this appear these days.
                            Ben,

its a saying we have across the pond when people are all over you. They can be on you like flies on shxt and like white on rice.... but hey to each their own. Its a different way to wear a cap for sure. Matt

Comment

Roger that!

I wish you guys could show me this bevo pattern of TK though, anyone?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X