skull, eagle, tk tab... question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skull, eagle, tk tab... question?

I am looking into getting this I just wanted to make sure if they are good?
    My knowledge is in daggers not in cloth and insigina.

Thank you for looking.

regards Rajko
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The skull is the infamous "Three pronger". Too bad it's missing it's prongs.

I like the sleeve eagle. It looks good but different, from a textbook standpoint.
                The way the sleeve eagle was apparently applied is not textbook either.

The visor eagle might stand a chance if it were stripped of whatever is "coating" it.

The rune tab would probably convince me.

Jack

Comment

The "three pronger" skull is considered by some collectors to be late war stock used in conjunctiion with accepted wartime made insignia.
                  The sleeve eagle isn't as "Hammerheadish" as textbook Bevo examples are, but that sewing application is outside of my box! : ))

Jack [/QUOTE]

Comment

Hey Radjko,

I like the cloth eagle and one that I call the round dome. I also like the rune tab...

I don't like the cap eagle though...

Regards,
                    Chris G.

Comment

The 3 prong skull is contentious and considered original by many (I've now climbed over the fence and I'm dipping a toe onto the side of original (based on a period photo which appears to show one being worn).

The rune tab I don't like.

The cap eagle is a fake.

The sleeve eagle I've never seen that pattern before so will reserve judgement. It must be a rare one if original though.

Ian

Comment

I thought that a cloth eagle was for a hat, not sleeve. The eagle who got put on the side of the hat. Most of the stuff in this collection is good but I am thinking few thinks got picked up later on, which I think it is not good.

Comment

I was under the impression that these were considered early cloth cap eagles?

Can you post the link to the 3 prong skull? I never saw that thread...

Regards,
                          Chris G.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher G. View Post
                            I was under the impression that these were considered early cloth cap eagles?

Can you post the link to the 3 prong skull? I never saw that thread...

Regards,
                            Chris G.
                            You may be right on the eagle.

A very quick search will reveal the 3 prong 'Assmann' style skull which has much design-wise in common to the 'Ges Gesch' skull.

Comment

I have read tons of threads on them I just don't remember seeing the photo in wear. But I am one of those believers in them...

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X