Salty Early Pointed SS EM LAH Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salty Early Pointed SS EM LAH Boards

These are a rare treat, at least for me. Here are a pair of LAH artillery boards that were not stripped of their piping, but saw enough field service to wear through the wool undersides.

I had not seen an original pair of these in hand before, and couldn't find any on the forum to compare them so. So - here's a pair for our collective reference purposes. Enjoy!

regards, Robert
    Attached Files

Undersides -
    Attached Files

Comment

im not impressed,and i do collect SS boards

Comment

Great! Save these; you'll need to reference them when you find a real pair. Or if you already have them, please post your same style boards - not cypher slides, embroidered round boards, or other units, but this type.

s/f Robert

Comment

to be honest,what do you think,in which(pre or war time) period was your pair made?

Comment

Pre-war, I'd say, but just barely.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
              Pre-war, I'd say, but just barely.
              and what do you think abaut piping? would you say its pre war?

Comment

Sure. It doesn't have to be wool or cord. This isn't exactly wartime nylon or artificial silk piping.

Comment

Robert
                  game over
                  the are bad ,im sorry.maybe next time you will find a better set.

Comment

Piping

What year did the rayon piping appear and how can you be sure?
                    Peter

Comment

Hi Robert, What would you say the piping is made of ?. Is it your opinion that this type of board was frequently stripped of the piping?
                      __________________________________________________ __________
                      Cheers Steve

Comment

Game over? Back to your video game. Please feel free to post your original examples, or are you just speculating what you believe may be correct? Thought so.

Peter, I'm not sure what year the artificial silk piping was put into common use by the SS.

Steve, the black pointed boards were usually stripped of the black and silver piping if they continued service into the war years, and that was common practice. I'll get some better pictures of the piping, but you can see it has a woven tongue to attach it to the board like regular wartime piping.

s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                          Game over? Back to your video game. Please feel free to post your original examples, or are you just speculating what you believe may be correct? Thought so.

Peter, I'm not sure what year the artificial silk piping was put into common use by the SS.

Steve, the black pointed boards were usually stripped of the black and silver piping if they continued service into the war years, and that was common practice. I'll get some better pictures of the piping, but you can see it has a woven tongue to attach it to the board like regular wartime piping.

s/f Robert
                          Robert i dont play video games,never like it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

besslein,
                            Is it possible to post close-up pictures of the shoulder straps you posted???
                            John

Comment

Yes, please post close-up pictures of the PIPING on these unpiped, pointed shoulderboards. Particularly the LAH ones.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X