Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS uniforms

Hello
    I have found the absolute best contact any where in the world (realy!)
    This guy cleans out houses for a living and it seems alot of the Old timers from WW2 are passing away so he cleans out their houses and finds all sorts of things.Until we met he threw everything Nazi related in the trash and burned uniforms etc....Anyways he just checked a house out today and in the attic found a trunk with 6 SS field uniforms, 2 Dress uniforms 2 Visors.and another box full of "medals, pictures,His soldiers book and sh*t like that"( His exact words) But he'll give it all to me.He wasnt sure on the rank but he did say that he saw skulls on the visors .He is going to clean the house out probably in 1-2 weeks so as soon as i get the stuff ill post pics. oh yeah watch the E-stand too
    Eric.

Oh yeah,he also said last year he threw 2 trunk fulls of almost the exact same uniforms,visors ,photos etc...in his burn pile. If he only knew the money he just burned he'd probably be a little upset!!!

Eric.

Comment

this is what dreams are made of...

unless he's found the attic of a faker!
      can't wait to see your booty!
      regards
      jon

Comment

Originally posted by Flieger
        Hello
        I have found the absolute best contact any where in the world (realy!)
        This guy cleans out houses for a living and it seems alot of the Old timers from WW2 are passing away so he cleans out their houses and finds all sorts of things.Until we met he threw everything Nazi related in the trash and burned uniforms etc....Anyways he just checked a house out today and in the attic found a trunk with 6 SS field uniforms, 2 Dress uniforms 2 Visors.and another box full of "medals, pictures,His soldiers book and sh*t like that"( His exact words) But he'll give it all to me.He wasnt sure on the rank but he did say that he saw skulls on the visors .He is going to clean the house out probably in 1-2 weeks so as soon as i get the stuff ill post pics. oh yeah watch the E-stand too
        Eric.
        Hi Eric,

you should put an ad in the paper that you are a house cleaner too (just for the weekends) or totally change profession . Can not wait for pictures

Best Regards,
        Tony

Comment

I know im ecxited as hell!! I dont collect SS but i will surely take this off his hands.Its almost like waiting for christmas.I trust him 100% he wants nothing to anything concerning Hitler,ww2 plus i get pretty good prices so hes not motivated by money.And i dont know how many 80-90 year old fakers are out there.but you never know!!!Ill post all my "finds" here just to be sure.

Eric.

Comment

Hey Eric,

I hope that you do get the "booty", would love to see photos

Michael

Comment

Im going to help him out this week end. I dont think ive ever looked forward to worikng on the weekend.
              Eric.

Comment

Be careful of how much information you give this guy (the guy who cleans out these houses) or he'll be keeping this stuff and selling to the highest bidder.

Comment

Yeah i've thought about that,He really doesnt want to know anything about it,he also thinks all of it is for my collection and i dont think he realizes people collect WW2 memorobilia.Even if i told him the prices i dont think he would believe me.
                  Eric

Comment

Just tread lightly, make sure he thinks it is just you interested in the items and do not bring up how valuable they are...

I do not think NOT saying anything would upset anyone's moral sensibilities here.

I lost out on a situation like this last year. Grandpa had died off and the grand daughter wanted just to get rid of the couple boxes of "war junk" grandpa had left in the attic. I never got to see it but there was one tunic w/sleeve eagle, two visors, a helmet, about a dozen medals and badges, backpacks, a sword, optics, etc...

The brother (who hadn't been interested in the stuff for the 15 years that it had been in the attic) got wind that someone was interested in it and took the boxes to his house...I am unsure what ever happened to the stuff but I can tell you where it isn't.

tread lightly

Comment

Good advice!! I'll watch my step!

Comment

what happened?
                        did you get them?
                        We can't wait any longer to see some pics!!!

Comment

Not yet hopefully sometime this week or maybe next week.I went with him this weekend and got tons of pics( he was in a luftwaffe flak unit) pretty cool pics.but no SS. My "contact " has a medallion with SS on one side and a skull on the other side he doesnt remember where he got it or if its real,But he said it was used in labor camps and the guards would wear these when they took of their shirts so they wouldnt be confused with the prisoners.Anyone heard of this??Like i said he doesnt know if he picked it up in a house, i was surprised that he even held on to it. I'm going to see it today so i'll post some pics of it.

Eric.

Comment

Heres an update:

Saturday morning i'm going to help clear the guys house with the SS uniforms,we're not taking anything out yet just some cleaning and tidying up a bit but i'll at least get to see everything .Im bringing my camera and ill take pics. if i can ,i'm not going to be obvious about it.Any suggestions as what to look for or do you guys just want a full list of everything I' pretty excited!!!!
                            Wish me luck!!
                            Eric.

Comment

Uniforms

Hi Flieger

I really hope this works out for you, this is a very exciting situation.

I can't wait to see the results of your work.

Best of luck and keep the guy sweet, stay as you don't know where this might go in the future.

regards

Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X