No announcement yet.

Italian W-SS cap !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Francesco recently had a W-SS Camo helmet cover on E-Stand called as a fake... I am not trying to drag anyones name through the mud, nor am I saying that he listed this with the intention to deceive as I believe him to be an upstanding member of the WAF......, I am merely pointing out that no-one is infallible...........................especially in this hobby.

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
    Francesco ( Nostradamus), knows his stuff,.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
      Francesco recently had a W-SS Camo helmet cover on E-Stand called as a fake... I am not trying to drag anyones name through the mud, nor am I saying that he listed this with the intention to deceive as I believe him to be an upstanding member of the WAF......, I am merely pointing out that no-one is infallible...........................especially in this hobby.
      First of all, it's not "that" Francesco (a WSS collector) but user member "Nostradamus" (that is also a very serious italian R.S.I. collector and researcher) so before make such a statements I suggest you to double check
      Second, again, I think this cap has a provenance, but I should ask him first.
      Third, "that" Francesco is a serious and honest collector, I don't know if that cover was fake or not, but if it is, then is nothing more than a genuine mistake, sure he wasn't try to scam anyone.

Comment

So the conclusion would be that this is an original , none regulation or private purchase cap used by the Italian SS

Comment

Originally posted by Obergruppen2 View Post
          So the conclusion would be that this is an original , none regulation or private purchase cap used by the Italian SS
          Ober,

Most of the Italian SS members used non regulation, private pourchase or modified former italian army caps.
          A very small % used german M43 or M41 caps.
          So, you won't find any answer here: check the period pictures and you'll know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
            Ober,

Most of the Italian SS members used non regulation, private pourchase or modified former italian army caps.
            A very small % used german M43 or M41 caps.
            So, you won't find any answer here: check the period pictures and you'll know what I mean.
            Thanks TK

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
              Hello Dennis,

I'm not 100% sure, but if I recall correctly that cap has a solid provenance.
              I should ask back Francesco, since I really don't remember well.

The TK is indeed a variation IMHO, not produced by Lorioli.

Best

Thanks for confirming the variation of the skull.

Comment

From what I know the field cap has provenance from a well-known Italian SS volunteer. I will let Francesco explain if he wants to. I highly respect his valuable knowledge in Italian RSI militaria.

Rene Chavez
                www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X