Clear All

Norwegian SS Banner form E-stand. Discussion

I think this SS banner from E-stand needs to be discussed;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=556179

Regard
    Harald

I find that weird too a late Dachau style Norwegian volunteer sleeve shield
    design used on a flag....
    Would be post Norwegian Legion period...but I thibnk somebody got creative with a Dachau sleeve patch design!

I would expect to see this style flag design and some text like the Legion name...or unit embroidery...
    but honestly I am not a flag expert...but it does look weird to me...
    Attached Files

Comment

All I can say is it is nice quality. I'm anxious to hear other's opinion. I'd be scared to buy it unless there was a consesus amoung the fine members of this forum, who do know their stuff, gave it a thumbs up.

Regards,
      Joel

Comment

Hate to say this but there is an exact trumpet banner at...The third Reich Depot..UGGGH.. they want 15,000$ !!!!! after seeing that,Im having my doubts.Their stock is mostly fake as most know,and they have several styles of these type of banners.Im afraid this is not good news.Im sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
          Hate to say this but there is an exact trumpet banner at...The third Reich Depot..UGGGH.. they want 15,000$ !!!!! after seeing that,Im having my doubts.Their stock is mostly fake as most know,and they have several styles of these type of banners.Im afraid this is not good news.Im sorry.
          Yeah but how many other dealers also have fakes/repros for sale in their inventory? I know people love to hate that site and what not but I always judge the item not where it comes from. Even the sun shines on a dogs ass every now and again and this could be one of those items that is real. I don't collect SS stuff but who knows, it could be legit. You see all sorts of weird custom done Heer trumpet banners so why not SS? Just a thought as I have absolutely no dog in this fight, just saying judge an items as it is and not who/which site owns it. Matt

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, this thing is brand new...quality made, yes, but the materials used, finishing details, way it hangs, etc. all scream repro to me...

Comment

Dear Adelheim

I PM the moderator about this fantasy item a while ago. Great that you have made a tread about it.

I have picture of a norwegian hornblower (he was a message runner) I have talked to his platoonleader and they did not use a trumpet / trumpet banner.

Comment

Would have been very interesting if the seller took the time to give us the background on this piece. I also am very skeptical to originality, materials look all wrong. Motif could be plausible for Pz Gren Rgt Norge.

Comment

Real

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post

Yes, finding a "Real Item" on that Website is akin to "Finding a Diamond in a Billy Goat's Butthole".

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Yes, finding a "Real Item" on that Website is akin to "Finding a Diamond in a Billy Goat's Butthole".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X