Clear All

SS Badge

Has anyone ever seen one of these? Comments will be appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Files

?????

I have not seen this badge.

Mike

Comment

This is the 1st. pattern of the 3rd. grade SS Shooting badge instituted in three grades. Each higher grade had a large oak leaf above the target ie. 2nd. grade 2 leafs, 3rd. grade three leafs. See my photo below (center badge) having three oak leafs.

This metal badge was short lived and replaced early on by a similar but fabric sleeve shooting target diamond.

Your 3rd. grade was being valued at about $1,000. a few years ago.

John
      Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting, John. What is your take on the third badge you show- Dutch SS Sports Badge- do you feel that original examples exist? The badge that started this thread is very nice!

Comment

Aaron,

Yes originals of the Dutch Profficiency Sports Badge did exist. However, very, very rare and many reproductions have been made for years.

Comment

Are those Allach runes behind the badge's pin?

Jack

Comment

The runes within the cartouche are Professor Diebitche's (sp?) culture mark.<O
              This is the same proof or acceptance symbol as on the reverse link of a 1936 chained SS dagger amongst other SS items.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pepera View Post
                The runes within the cartouche are Professor Diebitche's (sp?) culture mark.<O
                This is the same proof or acceptance symbol as on the reverse link of a 1936 chained SS dagger amongst other SS items.
                Thanks John!

Jack

Comment

Nice badge and a quite rare one also. Militaria berlin sold one for a couple of months ago for somewhere around 3000 euro or more. And someone here on the waf showed one before also. Congrats to a nice badge

/regards Mike

Comment

Fine original badge and very rare.

Comment

I like the badge I used to have the sharpshooter three oakleaf version which I showed on here one time.

Comment

Thank you for your help

Comment

no brainer

right as rain. so few of them around nobody collects them.

Comment

"The runes within the cartouche are Professor Diebitche's (sp?) culture mark."

I disagree.

It is the mark of the SS-Amt München which was found and being responsible for the inner development and controlling of SS cultural pieces lead by Karl Diebitsch - therefore it is the official mark of that SS-authority and not that of the artist and designer Karl Diebitsch.

"This is the same proof or acceptance symbol as on the reverse link of a 1936 chained SS dagger amongst other SS items."

I agree.
                            Last edited by Thorsten B.; 12-01-2011, 08:57 AM.

Comment

"This metal badge was short lived and replaced early on by a similar but fabric sleeve shooting target diamond."

Actually John, both metal and cloth badges were introduced at the same time in 1937.
                              The black diamond cloth badge was introduced for the Allgemeine-SS and was to be worn on the sleeve.
                              The metal badge was the shooting badge for the SS-VT and was to be worn on the breast pocket. It was still being listed in the 1942 price list.
                              Derek

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X