Reichsautozug Deutschland-SS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for that, Wewelsburg.
    I'll finish the letter from Mr. Saris. There may be info in there that will be of interest.

Letter continued...

The crew for the RAZ came from the SA: SA-Sturm Reichsautozug Deutschland (aka Sturm Hilfszug Deutschland). The succeeding for the RAZ came without any doubt from the SA. They assisted with larger meetings with food supplies & helped with catastrophes. Within this unit they had trucks for hospital services, soup kitchens and for transporting technical equipment.
    For the RAZ as well as the HB there was a special uniform authorized, known as the Sonderhilfszuguniform.
    The crews for the technical unit came from the SA & the drivers were often NSKK members.I have never found one directive referencing the SS.
    Wilhelm Saris.

There is more, but I have put in what I felt to be relevant.

In a PS, he did mention the earth brown color of the overseas hat as being for SS Verfugungstruppe.
    Since it is assumed that the hats and other possible uniform apparel may have been used by the RAZ after the SSVT went to a newer style,, the matter will have to be left open pending any further evidence to support that supposition.
    Thanx for your time.
    Tim

And what the heck! Ya' got to see a good picture, in color of the overseas hat w/a closeup of the RZM SS tag! Back in '93, I had a helluva time getting good pics for the article!
    Last edited by TP Alexander; 11-20-2011, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X