Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS-Gruppenführer Shoulderboards ex Mollo collection / Good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-Gruppenführer Shoulderboards ex Mollo collection / Good?

Fellow Forum-Members!

I would appreciate everyone's feedback on these please!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Markus
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Last one
      Attached Files

Comment

Boards

Sorry,

Comment

Hi Peter,

Can you comment on what you don't like pls?

A friend of mine 'won' these at the last Hermann-
          Historica auction and asked me to comment on them.

He negotiated a return possibility, but I guess he would
          need to comment on why.

Thanks and rgds,
          Markus

Comment

I like the top braid, but the backing and strap don't look convincing to me...

Comment

It looks like a sandwich - new base and old topping.

Comment

My thoughts exactly...period braid lifted from an original set of WWII boards, plus original era general officer type rank pip. New(old) period wool, and add wrong material slip on straps and instant SS Gruppenfuhrer.

Richard

Comment

Toping

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                  It looks like a sandwich - new base and old topping.
                  Also, the topping is not necessarily pre45. These are not the type of boards you want, sorry.

Comment

My friend got his package back from Hermann-Historica with a letter saying that they can not accept any returns. "Alterations were common during wartime"....

In all he lost EUR 4,500.00 on various fakes he bought there....

You can imagine his mood...
                    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
                      My friend got his package back from Hermann-Historica with a letter saying that they can not accept any returns. "Alterations were common during wartime"....

In all he lost EUR 4,500.00 on various fakes he bought there....

You can imagine his mood...
                      <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
                      That's nice! Just what I said about ANY auction.Items are usually on auctions,since they had trouble selling them elsewhere.MANY people are on auctions bidding, including the uneducated.Somehow when someone bids,everyone else follows suit thinking the item is then "OK",since its been bid on.Schill bidders are notorious for starting that game.I WOULD never be a part of any auction,unless the item is a one looker or is known.Many fall for the description under the item,with all kinds of humped up fallacies.Why do you think ther is'nt a life time guarantee?because the items can't be backed by third parties once handed over to the auction in most cases,and the auction house overlooks fakes most of the time,even ones with"big knowledgeable staff behind them,hint,hint" who never even see the items!!!!,we all read those stories here Im sure,they get big names to support the items are good,and then dont even get passed through their hands!..The auctions are just looking to make quick buck this way.Without a guarantee,forget it,things recieved arent always teh ones pictured either!! Then what do you do??

Comment

Looks like Butler has reached out from the grave and continues to bend collectors over.

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X