• Show
Clear All

Great angle .

Great read .

owen

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
      making German uniforms through disassenbly of authentic examples
      Is this not standard practice when making fakes as I have heard this from the early 70's on? Eastman Leather, Flight Suits Limited...all took apart various original U.S. A-2 leather jackets to perfect their production. It all depends on materials available, or that you have manufactured, and how much you are willing to spend for a quality result. The bottom line is to make money. The real money has been making them for reenactors and the like, and selling in quantity...not copies for the express purpose that they can be aged and passed off as original...although that invariably happens. Using original materials has always been scattered and on a limited basis as quantities turn up and are used. They invariably have manufacturing flaws...hopefully.

Richard

Comment

This M40 Waffen SS cut information (a theory at least) is really interesting!
        Hopefully with some examples to view, we can prove it to be true!!!

So here's my pride and joy!
        I am sure you all remember my (recently restored) M40 tunic (with period added WIDE M36 collar)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by NickG; 11-14-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Inside look!
          Compare! Bingo!
          Mine checks out per your theory!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NickG; 11-14-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Based on your theory what can you say about the size info on my SS M40?
            Hard to read maker info...and all the numbers I am afraid ....mostly even numbers though...
            SS method of sizing per your theory??
            Attached Files

Comment

Nick,

That is a killer bluse!!! Love the bevo EM tabs with Officer rank and bevo title!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post

They invariably have manufacturing flaws...hopefully.
                Richard - Regarding forgeries . . . in these few words alone, I think you have comprehensively surmised the current situation . . .

Comment

Nice tunic, Nick . . . now I know what you were talking about!

Comment

Interesting thread. I applaud the research and willingness to share. Regardless if the theory is proven or dis-proven thanks for explaining and putting it out there. I will be following this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by JurgenHaack View Post
                      Nick,

That is a killer bluse!!! Love the bevo EM tabs with Officer rank and bevo title!
                      Thanks Jugen and Nick. An SS-RZM tagged BeVo flatwire SS runes tab was used for it.
                      Surprized to hear somebody missed seeing it...well over 9000 hits !
                      Here's the link on the restoration (from start to finish!)
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=bargain

Anymore examples of such so-called "SS cut linings" out there to show/share?
                      (and further prove this theory to be correct!)
                      Last edited by NickG; 11-14-2011, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Ooooh...I like this thread already!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott A. Hess View Post
                          n160...are you the owner of At the Front...or work for them? Just curious.
                          I wondered this to? http://atthefront.com/historical_ref...tunics.html#ss
                          about halfway down the page.

This is great info and will help many, I have a SS M40 tunic that was repaired after the wearer was hurt or killed while in it, bad head neck carnage. it was repaired and reissued as a Heer tunic. can clearly see where the sleeve Eagle was as well as a Chevron, interrior photo below. the photo is rather over exposed bringing the white out but you get the idea.
                          Regards and thanks for pointing out these differences n160!

Kevin
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                            Based on your theory what can you say about the size info on my SS M40?
                            Hard to read maker info...and all the numbers I am afraid ....mostly even numbers though...
                            SS method of sizing per your theory??

It checks out in regards to being shorter than a Heer Feldbluse. A Heer Feldbluse with a 67cm overall length would have been a 39cm neck to waist length, a 42 would have had an overall length of 70cm or so.

Comment

Nick, here is the size and maker stamp on my M40, looks very close to yours? I will have to strip the gear and see if I can get a better photo soon.
                              Can you make out your tunics maker?
                              Regards!
                              Kev
                              Attached Files

Comment

ss

Outstanding thread !!

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X