This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Filip View Post
    Not taking any sides here, but Thorsten, I admire your ability to keep a sense of humor through out all this and your refusal to take offense. I'd go berserk for much less abuse
    You need to read more WAF from the past! Seriously. If you were around before the Thorsten-Michael divorce you would have seen quite a difference in the attitude of your so-called humor-loving friend. Only after a suspension and threatened removal for ever, has his attitude improved.

Comment

So your saying that you admire someone for ripping off other WAF members and not backing down or being honest enough to accept that they were caught?

Your opening statement of sitting on the fence so-to-speak seems a little strange after you then state your admiration for him.

Having read through this and all the previous threads related to the incident(s), it is all very strange that this can be dragged out time and again and yet no action is taken on the perpetrator(s).

I have seen members banned for similar indiscretions or even less, and yet this was supposed to have happened on the WAF....!!! I dont get it.

Originally posted by Filip View Post
      Not taking any sides here, but Thorsten, I admire your ability to keep a sense of humor through out all this and your refusal to take offense. I'd go berserk for much less abuse

Comment

Can someone please present a victim in this scam of Thorsten's? That would be a big step in keeping people from admiring anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
          Sadly, I have lost my interest in so called wooden cultural items because there has been too much fraud going on.

If you continue to dabble in it, then you are a braver collector than myself. My hard-earned money is better spent elsewhere anyhow. The pieces I have now, I enjoy and consider authentic, but I will not be buying any more.

The tapestries, I enjoy - but I have tried to undertake a more-scholarly approach to learning about them. There are still a few nice examples to buy but you need to know what you are looking for. There remain several honest collectors on the forum who know about these too. But the disturbing thing is that one of the people who knew about them was selling 1960's and 70's examples as period TR and got caught red-handed. I believe that other dealers also knew about this sham but said nothing and I will name names if it comes to it. You know who you are. And you know what you did - don't ever try take the high road with me again.

So, take the advice of a long-time collector who doesn't collect this stuff anymore but rather values his money instead: proceed at your own risk! If you ignore the warnings presented here, then you can blame no one but yourself.
          well said

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
            So your saying that you admire someone for ripping off other WAF members
            where did I say that??

Comment

Well being a woodworker myself, I have to say some of the wooden items I have seen on the estand have made me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Sal Williams View Post
                Well being a woodworker myself, I have to say some of the wooden items I have seen on the estand have made me laugh
                As far as the wood plates are concerned, the more carved runes the greater chance of it being post war. The more plain design plates, the better chance it has being pre- 45 IMO.

Comment

Speaking of wood plates, I picked this up at a local paratroopers estate sale a few years ago.

Who knows where it was taken from... most likely as a souvenir from the Berchtesgaden area...... maybe even from a famous house like the Berghof or Goering's home... (wishful thinking)

You never know, after all they were stationed in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Tino View Post
                    Speaking of wood plates, I picked this up at a local paratroopers estate sale a few years ago.

Who knows where it was taken from... most likely as a souvenir from the Berchtesgaden area...... maybe even from a famous house like the Berghof or Goering's home... (wishful thinking)

Comment

Originally posted by PlaceOfBayonets View Post
                      Can someone please present a victim in this scam of Thorsten's? That would be a big step in keeping people from admiring anyone.
                      If we go back to the metal workers that have the knowledge and raised the doubt, it is the item that was in question, a knock on was Thorstens lack of defence coupled with the absentee buyer, the only victim so far is the truth?

There is clearly history here that is deflecting from the point, is it a modern weld and therefore at best a repair at worst a copy using that term loosey as fabriaction would be better since these things are not churned out to pattern during the TR, was it not down to the farriers own skills and interpritation, I don't know the answer to that so I am asking?

Jock

Comment

Originally posted by Tino View Post

no worries about authenticity: Not going to be much desire to fake such a plate After all it does not purport in any way to be SS, or even overtly TR.
                        I have seen wooden cups and saucers in the same style. Seems to be a traditional type.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaceOfBayonets View Post
                          I'm simply pointing out the hypocracy of seeing a member or two call Thorsten a hypocrite for attacking other people suspected of being con men while some of you are doing the same thing in reverse. Attacking one but ignoring others.

I never commented about being wrong to communicate your concerns until after the mods washed their hands of it. The third or fouth thread? I don't feel you have any ligitimate reasons to do so other then to keep dragging his name though the mud. If by doing so you came to some conclusion it might be a worthwhile effort but it's just mud slinging aint it?

As was already established by the moderator team when it came to some paintings being auctioned by a forum sponsor, keep the discussion about the items not the person. I have to abide by this, others were banned for not abiding by it and you and topic starter seem to think you are above the rules.

That's the only issues for me. I don't know why you are taking it so personal. It's anyone's guess.

William
                          William, You say I cant comment on the further fraudulent behavior as seen on WAF by thorsten because he tried to rip me off at a previous time?
                          And
                          You are claiming that the fact of thorsten's trying to rip me off is in actuality his personality-and so i cant talk about his ripping me off as it is his personality?

And on top of that, there are others pointing out the inauthenticity of his items, including the creator of this thread and they are separate individuals-so how do you use anything to do with me to tell them to stop communicating their concerns

I fail to grasp your logic in every way.
                          You make no sense at all.

Comment

Maybe it's the economy, maybe it's the lack of new and interesting things coming up for discussion on this and other forums, but you'll never go broke betting on a good old mud slinging thread billowing to multiple pages. Both sides have made their case and never the twain shall meet. Moderators, I implore you to stop this circular firing squad. Condemn it or condone it. This argument has played.

Comment

Well spoken. Everyone had their say. Moderators should make a call now.

Comment

Here is my vintage Berchtesgaden ink blotter. When I saw the wooden plate it reminded me of my piece. I do not know if it has any Hitler association or if it a tourist piece, but it came with some bringbacks. I never really though much of it except as an interesting curio:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 0 members and 19 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X