X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave Ryerson View Post
    Michael
    I couldn't have said it better myself,,,thank you for stepping up and confronting
    this guy,,,,
    Michael is right, you are lying through your teeth. You obviously are a firm believer in" bull**** baffles brains". You are out in the open now. Jacques

Comment

Just point out in detail to what you are refering to, Jaques.

I have no problem defending myself and the pieces I show and/or offer occasionally.

I will start with the picture Michael is refering to:

It shows the restoration process and -place of one of my DHW closets and it has been taken in the restorer´s shop - the plates which are visable were taken to him to restore them gently (mainly new wax finish and polishing) before I took pics of them and offering them either for sale or back in my collection.

The accusation that the restorer made new plates for me is not true.

The tools that are visable are tools as a restorer just needs for his daily work:

restoring old and valuable furniture pieces - like my DHW closet.

So now explain why you call me a liar.

Comment

It seems your memory has failed you. I suggest you read through the various highlighted threads, especially the one about you and Michael, where Glen Mcinnes had to intervene. Jacques

Comment

That has been sorted out long ago - and indeed everybody can read that thread and that is nothing new.

In fact I see refering to that solved issue - the deal that fell through between Michael and me - a replacement activity of Michael with which he tries to distract from the fact that he accuses me being a crook/faker inregards to mentioned plates and the SS family chest.

Still my shared SS chests, the DHW closet and the visablé wooden cultural plates are original period pieces - and I did not add or faked anything.

But that is exactly what I have been accused to do and yet I see no kind evidence for that accusation.

If anyone wants to see more detailed close-ups of the chest (of the carved runes or any other details) just ask and I will be happily supporting you and anybody else interested in that piece and it´s history - no problem at all.

Comment

Thorsten,

I for one am not interested in your box

I am not jealous of you, I do not share the same interest directly

I do not know you

I have nothing against you, except the way you handled the issue, was dare I say arrogant that you are on here a lot asking about other fraudsters when you have been challenged on an issue/item and feel above reproach?

John Henderson has posted the most useful information here in trying to understand the welding issue?

You could have done that yourself and saved a lot of agro

This whole thing is about being accountabe by discussion of the item

Mr Guist,

I have 3 dogs too , 2 of them big and I know what you mean!

You must be threaders doing this day in day out!

Jock

Comment

I'll start taking this WAF activism seriously when you guys go after the big time sponsors suspected of bad dealings and dishonest sales tactics. Far as I know Thorsten is not even a dealer. If he is feel free to post his site.

I may be wrong to dismiss the concern here but I've never seen anyone go after such a small issue with this much consentration, it leads me to belive there is more to the story.

W.

Comment

I once had the opportunity to examine in hand a wrought iron "tree of life"
                that Thorsten sold to this individual,,,,,,I have to say it looked like someone with minimal welding skills tack welded it together,,,, well as long as the buyer is happy right???

I was surprised to see no white allach behind the oak chest

the wrought iron door handles on the house in the town of Allach are some good period examples to study if looking for an example to compare the tree of life too.

Comment

Originally posted by PlaceOfBayonets View Post
                  I'll start taking this WAF activism seriously when you guys go after the big time sponsors suspected of bad dealings and dishonest sales tactics. Far as I know Thorsten is not even a dealer. If he is feel free to post his site.

I may be wrong to dismiss the concern here but I've never seen anyone go after such a small issue with this much consentration, it leads me to belive there is more to the story.

W.
                  W

I am down in the weeds so with regards to the big stuff it really does not bother me, if a collector pays a five figure sum for an item that may not be correct then on this occasion I woud say he deserves the item

If you read this sub forum it is mosty small folk being stiffed by small crooks, since any big players won't exacty advertize any wrong doing?

If small time fraud bores you I am sorry but it is equally important at all levels

I am sorry there is not more of a story for you, I could make one up if you want?

Jock

Comment

Originally posted by PlaceOfBayonets View Post

W.
                    This is a slightly more tactful approach than your previous charge that we must be anti-german to confront thorsten.

But I note you change the rules by saying we must go after big time sponsors or you dont approve.

Interesting that you present yourself as someone who is unfamliar with Thorsten or this situation--YET you continue to demand we are wrong to communicate our concerns , If I follow your own logic- it leads me to conclude: that there is more to YOUR story.

Comment

I'm moving this circus back to the SS forum where it belongs.
                      pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                        I'm moving this circus back to the SS forum where it belongs.
                        good decision ,DON

Comment

You are all adults - BUYER BEWARE

Sadly, I have lost my interest in so called wooden cultural items because there has been too much fraud going on.

If you continue to dabble in it, then you are a braver collector than myself. My hard-earned money is better spent elsewhere anyhow. The pieces I have now, I enjoy and consider authentic, but I will not be buying any more.

The tapestries, I enjoy - but I have tried to undertake a more-scholarly approach to learning about them. There are still a few nice examples to buy but you need to know what you are looking for. There remain several honest collectors on the forum who know about these too. But the disturbing thing is that one of the people who knew about them was selling 1960's and 70's examples as period TR and got caught red-handed. I believe that other dealers also knew about this sham but said nothing and I will name names if it comes to it. You know who you are. And you know what you did - don't ever try take the high road with me again.

So, take the advice of a long-time collector who doesn't collect this stuff anymore but rather values his money instead: proceed at your own risk! If you ignore the warnings presented here, then you can blame no one but yourself.

Comment

I'm simply pointing out the hypocracy of seeing a member or two call Thorsten a hypocrite for attacking other people suspected of being con men while some of you are doing the same thing in reverse. Attacking one but ignoring others.

I never commented about being wrong to communicate your concerns until after the mods washed their hands of it. The third or fouth thread? I don't feel you have any ligitimate reasons to do so other then to keep dragging his name though the mud. If by doing so you came to some conclusion it might be a worthwhile effort but it's just mud slinging aint it?

As was already established by the moderator team when it came to some paintings being auctioned by a forum sponsor, keep the discussion about the items not the person. I have to abide by this, others were banned for not abiding by it and you and topic starter seem to think you are above the rules.

That's the only issues for me. I don't know why you are taking it so personal. It's anyone's guess.

William

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                            This is a slightly more tactful approach than your previous charge that we must be anti-german to confront thorsten.

But I note you change the rules by saying we must go after big time sponsors or you dont approve.

Interesting that you present yourself as someone who is unfamliar with Thorsten or this situation--YET you continue to demand we are wrong to communicate our concerns , If I follow your own logic- it leads me to conclude: that there is more to YOUR story.

Comment

Not taking any sides here, but Thorsten, I admire your ability to keep a sense of humor through out all this and your refusal to take offense. I'd go berserk for much less abuse

Comment

Wow, I Just read all the posts and history. All I can say is WAF management should place higher standards on its members and sponsors. I'd always thought this was the place you could go that wouldn't put up with fraud, lies and the members did a great job of self-policing. But what good is the self-policing when the moderators refuse to act? The powers that be might want to rethink how they handle people who have been found, without doubt, to be outright lying when it comes to items on the e-stand. Don't tarnish WAF's reputation by allowing proven liars, especially so when it involves money, to remain members. My 2 cents.

Joel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X