SS KZ tab ++, opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS KZ tab ++, opinions?

A friend asked me to post these for opinions.
    Attached Files

lw /ss tab
    Attached Files

Comment

The luft tab is for an EM or NCO in the engineering branch. No connection to SS at all.

The tab for temp assignment to a camp is one normally found in Dachau vet groupings. It is somewhat unusual in that very few were actually used before the end of the war, and all that I've seen from Dachau lots have the normal canvas based buckram, not the white gauze stifferers commonly found on BeVo runic tabs.

Comment

Originally posted by rbno View Post
        The luft tab is for an EM or NCO in the engineering branch. No connection to SS at all.

The tab for temp assignment to a camp is one normally found in Dachau vet groupings. It is somewhat unusual in that very few were actually used before the end of the war, and all that I've seen from Dachau lots have the normal canvas based buckram, not the white gauze stifferers commonly found on BeVo runic tabs.
        I generally agree about the back. The ones I have owned and seen around have buckram. The tab looks to be unsoiled and in good overall condition. Maybe it was worn by a reenactor or even more likely, attached by the previous owner to a stripped tunic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X