Handschar tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handschar tab

Hi I have had this tab for some time now.My question is was it common to find these with rzm paper tags?.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Attached Files

The tab looks fine to me but it was not common to see RZM paper tags at least i have not seen many with but a few !!!
    Last edited by Obergruppen2; 11-05-2011, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Tab

Hello Dave,
      It unusual to see an RZM paper tag on a Hanschar tab. Since the division was raised in March, 1943 and the Handschar tab was issued in late, 1943 (Angolia, Cloth Insignia of the SS, 2nd Edition, 1989, Page 343) I wonder why such an early SS RZM paper tag (Fraktur "A" in front of the "4") is on yours? The question really is should one be there at all? In 1943, the SS removed itself from the RZM. Also, it would be interesting to know who Hersteller 67 was. Otherwise, the tab is fine.

Charlie
      Last edited by C. Betz; 11-05-2011, 03:27 PM.

Comment

I agree w/ above

Comment

The tab itself looks good. Otherwise C. Betz described everything else related to the RZM tag really well.

Comment

As said the label has no place on this piece.

I would advise extreme caution re the label anyway : it apears to be a photocopy with a stamp on it (see the quality of the serial number) I'm away from my research files so will report back on Monday

Ian

Comment

the label is fake (photocopy) and is the type found on the bogus ss thread spools

Comment

Thanks guys.I was hoping i had something very unusual.I should have guessed about the rzm label it looks different to other tabs i have with them.
                Thanks again
                Dave.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X