Allgemeine SS uniform - opinions appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allgemeine SS uniform - opinions appreciated

I would appreciate some opinions on this one - supposedley an unworn private purchase tunic. Thanks.

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Privately purchased by who, a re-enactor?

Comment

Originally posted by ReichsHeini
                      Privately purchased by who, a re-enactor?
                      Hi ReichsHeini - so I take it you are saying this one is a reproduction?

Comment

Hello Peter,

I don't know these tunics, but I have never seen an original armband like that so it would make me suspicious of its originality. Also, the runic tabs don't look right either with the sharp detail to the edges. Sorry.

David

Comment

I don't collect these type tunics either. The whole thing looks fake to me though. The pockets,, the lining....The insignia appear to be really bad repros, well I don't know about the shoulder strap but the tabs and brassard are quite ugly!.
                          I can only re-iterate that if I was to collect black (Allgemeine) cloth, I certainly would seek RZM issue pieces. I have seen many nice ones sell recently and you can even find a restored (insignia) one occasionally for less.
                          Jerry

Comment

I don't think this one is original either however I am posting these pics in the hope of getting some informed opinions from SS uniform collectors so I can pass these on to the owner who is not a member here.

The owner purchased this tunic, breeches, boots (and the officers visor I posted in another thread) from a Wehrmacht Awards member for a substantial amount.

If any experienced SS uniform collectors can post their opinions it may assist the owner to obtain a refund. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.
                            Last edited by Peter B; 06-13-2004, 12:57 AM.

Comment

uniform

It looks like a Janke copy, which goes well with the Janke cap in the other thread. The armband is fake (wrong construction, materials, etc.), the lining fabric is the glossy rayon and sleeve lining used by Janke in the late 80s/early 90s. The tabs, as noted, don't look good either--the runes are not normally shaped or laid out like this on the tab.
                              Erich
                              Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X