X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like a M37 to me, cloth visor ..

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
      Leutnant of IR 31 in 1918 (note the shape of the hat)

This is a fantastic field-grey whipcord field tunic, I would love to have one like this. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
        Based on what? .
        The interior and obvious signs of imperial cockades

(... besides the overall look and material)

Last edited by naxos; 11-06-2011, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Johnny R., it could be I misunderstood your quote:

"Some WWI Vet officers visors would also have been worn with the WWII EM type chinstraps with buckles. "

As you were talking of WW1 Vet officers and WW2 EM type chinstraps I assumed you meant WW1 Vet officers who would wear the "reused" WW1 visor during WW2 with EM type chinstraps.
          If so sorry for that.
          <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Comment

Originally posted by revi View Post
            Johnny R., it could be I misunderstood your quote:

"Some WWI Vet officers visors would also have been worn with the WWII EM type chinstraps with buckles. "

As you were talking of WW1 Vet officers and WW2 EM type chinstraps I assumed you meant WW1 Vet officers who would wear the "reused" WW1 visor during WW2 with EM type chinstraps.
            If so sorry for that.
            <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
            No, I just cannot spell Veterinarian without spell checker and am lazy, the piping and band would match Veterinarian visors and those would have been worn with and without "WWII type EM" chinstraps. This is a private purchase M17 for an officer with a plain type of strap. This is what later the Stalhelm visors were based on.
            Attached Files

Comment

Interior which is similar to the one that started the thread.
              Attached Files

Comment

Allright ... that's where my thoughts went in an other direction
                vet ... veteran in combination with WW2 type strap ( as in "during WW2 ).
                Stupid me, sorry for that

Comment

No problems, we were talking about it being "Vet" colors for an Imperial veterinarian visor earlier, I thought that was clear sorry.

Comment

Yes I was aware of that, got mixed up with the abbrevation "vet" in multiple WW2 topics I was reading also I guess.
                    I was writing about the silver chincord for officers being in use in the WW2 period. But the lack of marks of a silver chin cord on the visor doesn't mean anything I suppose as these visors were worn both with and without silver chincord by officers in WW2. Therefor my first thoughts initially went to NCO because of the marks present on the visor which, I now fully understand , could well be from the WW1 period chinstraps for officers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X