Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tornister SS

Originally posted by revi View Post
    Nice one CMH ! You have got the early 1938 one with the full horsehair covered flap ( I suppose ). Thanks for sharing!
    These are NOT made from Horses or Ponys....they are clearly COW HIDE . People need to quit calling them that. Thanks. M

Comment

Bogus markings on the first posted example, the 401 markings are propably bogus as well as we or some will know. Pierre is another well known expert on those marking examples.

Comment

Happy new year to you all!
        The markings on the first one are ligit except for the SS stamp that was placed seperately. I've got one like this ( without the SS stamp ) from private source, with extra ink stamps of the company that delivered it.
        The 401 is a bid of a mystery but the 68 is o.k. as far as I know. Would make little sense to restamp an original with a bogus stamp or the other way around. Would be interesting also to see an original list with makers.
        Best,
        Seth.

Comment

401 is ligit, but it is pending on the stamp.
          Check out Thomas Hoffs stock back from the 80's then you know the truth.

Ligit and except, then it is up to the viewers choice but still not a VT Tornister.

Comment

I do not know Thomas Hoff so it would be interesting if you could tell something more about it if you please.

As for the first example type ( with the SS seperately added, of which I do not have an opinion of the stamp being pre-, war- or post period ):
            Maybe not the known average standard equipment but still used by the VT, I have no reason to doubt my source on it being original and used as it is. It is always the viewers choice to go for what they believe, no doubt about that .

best,

Seth.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X