No announcement yet.

Never say never

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a book put out for 40 or 50d day anniv that had a vet sourced m42 or m42 off with SS BEVO insignia..front and side if memory serves...
    Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
      Found another example. Heer M42 in W-SS service!
      This photograph is one of the guards billited at Auschwitz. Youtube has a video comprised of alternating induction photos of each guard that was assigned there totaling some 850 odd individual pictures. In almost all of them they are wearing this style cap. As a matter of fact if you watch it I think you will come to believe that just one or two of the same type cap is worn in every single photo (I believe they used only one as a "one size fits all" when having their camp ID's made.). If you look closely a standard Panzer jawless collar tab skull is used and placed uncentered and at an odd angle over the standard roundel and the skull partly covers part of the eagle. It's quite noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
        "They NEVER did that....YEAH they did ....."

Billbert<!-- / sig -->
        Agree !!!

Comment

The last photo posted and many of the ones in the youtube video are postwar, taken by the Russians for war crimes trials, apparently they wanted the suspects in SS uniforms. Here are some screenshots, probably the same hat and tunic. The army eagle looks machined on!
          Regards,
          Fred

Link to video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTQfkfVeleo
          Attached Files
          Last edited by fldjr; 01-16-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fldjr View Post
            The last photo posted and many of the ones in the youtube video are postwar, taken by the Russians for war crimes trials, apparently they wanted the suspects in SS uniforms. Here are some screenshots, probably the same hat and tunic. The army eagle looks machined on!
            Regards,
            Fred

Link to video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTQfkfVeleo
            Interesting! Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Yes, in watching the areas where these photos are posted below (10-15 images) show that there appear to be two uniforms that keep being used to put on the prisoners. Look at shoulder boards and caps appear to be a couple being used over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair44 View Post
                Yes, in watching the areas where these photos are posted below (10-15 images) show that there appear to be two uniforms that keep being used to put on the prisoners. Look at shoulder boards and caps appear to be a couple being used over and over again.
                I never noticed the tunic as I was focused on the cap. Great observation.

Comment

Hi

nice to see this. The overseas cap on the far left here was my first ss cloth buy.

regards

macleod
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X