GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Long Service medal and Knights Cross with Swords/Oakleaves- original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Long Service medal and Knights Cross with Swords/Oakleaves- original?

Hi all,

I have been posting regularly over the past few days after purchasing a large collection, including a SS tuxedo badge which I posted in an earlier thread.

The collection I bought included many nice originals, as well as some decent fakes- I am not an expert.

I am showing two items out of the collection, an SS long service medal and a Knights Cross with Swords and Oakleaves. I can and will provide additional pictures if requested!

The KC doesn't seem to be marked, though the oakleaves have a nice patina on the back of them- the ribbon also has some hooks added on both ends for some reason.

The SS badge has a nice patina but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a fake- again, the ring is not marked though it looks like there is a very small gap in the ring.

Is it possible these are original or both fakes? Could the KC be real but doctored up?

Maybe I am pushing my luck- thanks again!

Knights cross you should post here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...splay.php?f=21

Best regards,
    Felix

Comment

Looks like your luck ran out...(RK) but that's OK. still run it all by the award guys!
      You did well!

Comment

Will post the Knights Cross there, thanks guys!

At least I know I won't be bombarded by a million PM's like last time since the SS badge is a fake, which is actually in a strange way a relief

Thanks again

Comment

Let's hope you have another winner

Comment

Oak leaves and swords are fake for sure...

Tom

Comment

The SS Long service cross, too, I´m afraid.

Comment

The repro silver SS Cross is a R. Souval item, even has their tell-tale incorrect pin on back at the top.

Comment

Congrats on a great haul!

Unfortunately the SS medal is not part of the greatness. I have some decent pics of 12 Years medals on my homepage, if interested see: http://www.ns-kunst.com/articles/die...rds-of-the-ss/

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                    Congrats on a great haul!

Unfortunately the SS medal is not part of the greatness. I have some decent pics of 12 Years medals on my homepage, if interested see: http://www.ns-kunst.com/articles/die...rds-of-the-ss/
                    very very nice Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X