No announcement yet.

Help With SS Tabs & Eagles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too bad the Obergruppenfuhrer tabs are not matcing set...more pics to add to the mix...
    Attached Files

Comment

Wht's with the fuz? looks synthetic...
      Attached Files

Comment

Last...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hohenstaufen View Post
          ( I'm very curious since this stuff seems to be popping up in multiple posts by multiple members. )

In an upcoming Auction, Duh!
          Gee, thanx for being rude. Nothing in Post #1 to #14 indicated anything about an auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohenstaufen View Post
            ( I'm very curious since this stuff seems to be popping up in multiple posts by multiple members. )

In an upcoming Auction, Duh!
            Spent an hour searching, and did not find it on Google. It must be a bit hidden but yet very clear to some members monitoring the acution sites. I do not do that so Im behind. However with so many members already knowing it, it will go high.. high.. high... That means no need to try to bid if you are after a bargain. A high end dealer or rich collector will get it.

Last year, about this time, a very nice collection was on sale which included a sonderausferitgung black Allg SS officer cap (without insignias yet) and a matching pair of oberstgruppenfuhrer collar tabs pair (three pips - and only awarded to four people) and thats a VERY VERY rare matching pair. I have only seen that on photos for Mr Sepps insignias (Wolfe Hardin collection) (and in not so good condition as these - but of course WH's are named - a difference). In the lot were also a nice SS cuff title and tons of pins and some other insignias. My offer was close to 10 k's but I think I was very far from getting it. Seller simply declined me in the end and told me they got a higher offer for the whole lot. This info has never been posted on this forum or another forum or that I know of, and yet I have not seen anyone showing the items in public. Thats how it is. Top end stuff moves and the ordinary rats like me do not have a chance. Sad facts. Unless we are really really happy and fortunate... Sellers in most cases know items a worth a bit and rumour spreads and the hang arounds of the famous and rich pass on the info.

Still to reveal a possible source is a no no in my book. However in this case, these insignias will go very high... IMHO.

I would be interested in knowing the final price though... Without a doubt + 10 K's, but still curious...

//Felix

Comment

I would be interested in knowing the final price though... Without a doubt + 10 K's, but still curious...

//Felix[/quote]

8500 hammer price.

Comment

SOLD.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post

//Felix
                  8500 hammer price.[/quote]

+18% premium

Comment

That went cheaper than I thought. Thanks for the update though. So, all in all around 10 K's?

Perhaps the real world economics start to catch up as a potential reseller needs to be sure to get the money back plus profit. (to make a living). Also the oberfuhrer tabs could use an extra check up.

Someone at least got some nice orginal insignias.

//Felix

Comment

No a terrible deal. + 10% commission if you left an absentee bid vs online, but still pricey. The Oberfuhrer tabs were good.

There was a nice APB and other goodies in here as well, but no great deal on that piece!

regards, Robert

Comment

The final tally was around 10K as it was an onsite bidder who won and their commission was 15% plus the 7% sales tax. I didn't have enough steam to go that high and petered out at 7500. The wife would have killed me if I went higher(adding commission) and i was only bidding for resale anyway. I would have kept one eagle. I too think the oberfuher tabs need a second look but the rest is fine and should bring in around 14-16k if from a high end dealer. Hope it was a collector too. I did see the APB but was waiting on this lot. Have to say, it was one of the fastest auctions I have ever sat thru compared to others which drag on and on.

Greg

Comment

Here's the other tabs - no problems that I see. Next time with this auctioneer, talk to Jeff and he'll use the 10 percent instead of 15 if you are a cash buyer, 13 percent if you use a credit card though. He won't charge you sales tax unless you are an in-state resident.

I got some of the Ostvolk medals from this auction, but couldn't keep up with most of the bidding. Still alot of fun though!

s/f Robert
                          Attached Files

Comment

The Eagles Have Landed!

Comment

Nice job J! I heard you and A-Train took a trip today and scored big.

Comment

Thanks Larry. It was a great trip. I know that there were at least two men at the auction who looked like little kids at Christmas!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X